• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED reloading press question

BigDaddy0381

I bought a lyman expert kit with the turret press.i have loaded about 200 round so far everything is great with all that came in the kit.
The question i have is.I got decaping pins in this kit can some one tell me where and what they are used for.I have looked thru manuals and still nothing.I can't even find a part on the press that even looks like a decapping pin.

Thanks for the help.

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a lyman expert kit with the turret press.i have loaded about 200 round so far everything is great with all that came in the kit.
The question i have is.I got decaping pins in this kit can some one tell me where and what they are used for.I have looked thru manuals and still nothing.I can't even find a part on the press that even looks like a decapping pin.

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

The decapping pins are extras.

The pin is located in the sizing die, and punches out the old primer when you size the case. Sometimes these pins break.

Always on Saturday night at 15 minutes after the local gun store closes, and before Sunday's hunt that you are loading for.

Just keep them in a place that you can find them IF you need them.

Okay,Thanks.

.the lee dies i use are full length dies.I know the decapping rod is one pieace. i guess i have extra parts then

Thanks again.