reloading preferences?

cfish36

I am just getting started on reloading with a friend and I am trying to figure out what to buy for neck turners, dies, lubricants, cleaning media, etc. we have a rcbs rockchucker press and I was given rcbs dies with my gun but any imput would be great as to what everyone likes the best.

We have used walnut shell media and lyman corncon green media but the lyman leaves a residue that has to be wiped off (kind of a pain)

We have a rcbs neck turner but it doen't seem to be trimming all brass to the same length (off by .008 or so). Maybe this isn't a problem?
I don't know. I am trying to be very meticulous as to get the best consistancy and accuracy.

A local gunsmith told me that lubricants have different affects on accuracy if not cleaned off properly; is this true?

I have just finished loading some 175g sierra gamekings using various amounts of both Reloader 25 and IMR 7828. I hope to go shooting this weekend to see how they do. If I am not happy I might try some 160g accubonds, but we'll see what happens.

thanks and hope to learn lots on this great adventure of reloading

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.