Reloading Nickel plated brass??

So no problems resizing?
I use lanolin for for sizing rifle cases so no problem .
What caliber are you wanting to use nickel for ?
Are your or will you be shooting this in the same rifle all the time ?

I have some .223 nickle that has been reloaded at least 5 times and maybe even 7 times and still looks good.

There is a reason once fired nickel brass brings a premium pricing .

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on reloading nickel plated rifle cases?
Reloaded tons of Winchester nickel brass for both 7mm RemMag and .30-06. Even turned some Win nickel .270 into .25-06 AI brass. As long as you treat it carefully, you'll be fine. It honestly seems to be tougher and thicker than regular Win brass, and seems to handle pressures better. But that's just based on observation, and not on a scientific mathematical basis.

So, yes, you can reload nickel brass, and yes, and it seems to do best when neck-sized only, instead of FL resizing the cases.

I use lanolin for for sizing rifle cases so no problem .
What caliber are you wanting to use nickel for ?
Are your or will you be shooting this in the same rifle all the time ?

I have some .223 nickle that has been reloaded at least 5 times and maybe even 7 times and still looks good.

There is a reason once fired nickel brass brings a premium pricing .
I use Redding Imperial Sizing Wax and nickel cases work fine for me also.

Mudrunner: Have you tried lanolin ?
No sir, I have not. The Imperial wax has been very good to me since I started using it (versus the original RCBS stuff on the rolling pad) it has been all uphill from there. Might have to try it some day.

I purchased .243 win nickel plated brass. I had the following problems:
Crushing the necks when seating bullets. I had to purchase a VLD neck reamer from Lyman fix the problem.
The neck splits after many reloads. I do not anneal case and I do not know if you anneal nickel cases. But they are easy to clean and they look pretty after reloading.

No sir, I have not. The Imperial wax has been very good to me since I started using it (versus the original RCBS stuff on the rolling pad) it has been all uphill from there. Might have to try it some day.
If you mass load it is heaven, best thing since naked women and cheaper, a small 6 oz spray bottle cost about 8.00 including the 6 oz spray bottle from walmart. and thats enough spray to do about 5,000 .223 cases ! You need to try it amazing stuff !

I need more 7stw brass and Federal made another batch of loaded ammo with 160gr trophy bonded bullets and at the same price as unloaded Nosler brass but it's nickel plated. Thought I would ask. Thanks Guys!

Recent Posts