Reloading manual for a novice

• Thread starter Deleted member 107666
  • Start date
The berger manual has good precision loading info

I have the lymans ordered, but plan to get set up to reload berger 210s and 215s...for a beginner, does the berger manual have good info on equipment selection geared towards precision reloading as well, or more just detailed load data/development? I found it for cheap enough, just wanted to check before I ordered it if its beneficial for a new guy.

all manual are really pretty good to get you started , but i like the lyman manual , for the purpose that is not bias to any particular bullet or powder and usually has options for all ... which will come in handy down the road for verifying/cross checking other data

i wouldnt recommend the hornady book , there data is so low that its almost dangerous in the other low charge direction !!!

Wealth of info in the berger manual. Posted table of contents. Must have manual if you're new to precision reloading @Vandy321

Attachments

• 38A70E11-5EEF-4798-B244-0FDC1A75DEB1.jpeg
    38A70E11-5EEF-4798-B244-0FDC1A75DEB1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
My dad read the Lee manual, and starting loading years ago. My base reloading knowledge came from him, and that book. When I bought my first one, I bought and read the Hornady manual. I found it to be of similar value. Next came Nosler and Lyman. Nothing extrordanary really, from them. I bought the Berger book, and read every word of it (excluding load data of course)...it has a lot of good information that my others didn't. Sierra is on my wish list.

I say basically any of them besides Berger, plus the Berger.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.