Reloading is Therapy

I create music discs from my iTunes account for my background "white noise". I also believe brass prep can be very cathartic for my mental well-being. The same applies to weapons cleaning and maintenance. When I compare the time for these activities versus the actual range time it's "hands down" for the cleaning/prep work.

I create music discs from my iTunes account for my background "white noise". I also believe brass prep can be very cathartic for my mental well-being. The same applies to weapons cleaning and maintenance. When I compare the time for these activities versus the actual range time it's "hands down" for the cleaning/prep work.
Yeah,
But you probably put pressure on yourself at the range. Even sighting In or load development you are focused on shooting well putting pressure on yourself.
That's my perspective from someone who does shoot enough, never done serious competition so I'm not doing it weekly or relaxed on the range.

When I reload. I put the radio on low. Take the earing aids out. I use the radio as white noise. Start to reload or mess around with gun stuff. I'm in my own little world. Nothing bothers me and I'm think of nothing else. I'm at peace with myself and surroundings.

I find reloading a positive challenge. I started with shotgun shells in the 60's, just so I could have enough shells for ducks and pheasant. Then on to reloading rifle cartridges, but again just to be able to afford a sport I enjoyed. As time marched on and life's challenges became more weighty I found not only the challenge for accuracy, but the satisfaction of accomplishing smaller groups a private personal joy. Tough to necessarily put in words, but for most all who partake in this sport..you know the feeling.

Your table must be in the center of the room I take it?
I lucked out. When house was being built, a 4 season sunroom off the back of the house was suppose to be on footers attached to foundation basement. Concrete company screwed up and included the sunroom in the basement forms layout so I have this nice "cubby" off the basement that is 10' x 12'. Nice little "retreat" in basement that is "all mine"! Its framed in with insulation, thats all but allows me to hang cabinets, shelves, some mounts etc. I had power added to basement during build so have good plug in where I need it. Old steelcase table that you can land a helo on is my main loading table for my press. Can be cool in winter but great spot to store primers and powder.

My reloading benches are pictured in the "reloading setup" thread.
If I have music playing, it's bluegrass or variations on Pandora. Some zydeco snuck into it, and I'm enjoying that too.
Reloading is one form of meditation, shooting another. Time stops.
@BFD Guns , the notion that you are in control is folly. We think we are, and it sure seems that way, but my years on this rock have taught me otherwise.
I'm glad reloading helps you find that peace you need.

I lucked out. When house was being built, a 4 season sunroom off the back of the house was suppose to be on footers attached to foundation basement. Concrete company screwed up and included the sunroom in the basement forms layout so I have this nice "cubby" off the basement that is 10' x 12'. Nice little "retreat" in basement that is "all mine"! Its framed in with insulation, thats all but allows me to hang cabinets, shelves, some mounts etc. I had power added to basement during build so have good plug in where I need it. Old steelcase table that you can land a helo on is my main loading table for my press. Can be cool in winter but great spot to store primers and powder.
Lol.....very nice description....But when I said your table must be in the center of the room...I meant so you could fit your feet under it comfortably.....😃

Recent Posts