Reloading! Inventory Check!!

Lahunter76

i have, i think, finished picking up the gear I need to start hand loading....my question is if yall don't mind, I am going to list what all I have picked up and if there is something y'all believe I need to add to my collection plz let me know!!!

RCBS Explorer Plus kit:

-Features Reloader Special™—5 press, Uniflow™ Powder Measure and Powder Trickler-2
-Includes 1,500-grain Digital Pocket Scale, Nosler 7th Edition Reloading Manual and Hand Priming Tool
-Offers Universal Case Loading Block, Debur Tool, Powder Funnel and Case Slick Spray Lube
-Advanced Powder Measure Stand, Pow'r Pull Kit, Stainless Steel Dial Caliper, Measure Cylinder (small) and Six Die Lock Rings
-Contains No. 2, 3, 4, 10 and 43 Shell Holders

Other pick ups:

-Foster Case Trimmer
-Hornady Neck Turning tool
-Hornady Concentricity Gauge
-RCBS Flash Hole deburing

-Frankford Arsenal Tumbler
-5lbs walnut media
-Media separator

300 Weatherby
200.20gr Berger Hybrids
Weatherby brass
215mag fed primers
7828ssc powder

76, that should get you going. Positive you'll add and upgrade like most of us as your reloading progresses.

Ty!! I am sure I will also, so much of this it seems you really don't know some things until you start doing it!

If there are any items that y'all think would be nice for me to add let me know and I will put it on my list of things to get over time!!

Thanks for all the help! Really have enjoyed this forum!!

76, happy your taking the reloading plung!!! Lots to learn, had a 300 BEE (Weatherby) in a 24 inch Vangard synthic ,sold it to my 1st cousin have all my notes, 165 Barnes x bullets worked great on elk and deer less recoil , just something to think on ,enjoy your Quest , Cheers !!!

I have the Nosler manual coming...thinking about also getting the Hornady one also.....is there much difference between them all

They vary a bit, I find the Hornady a little conservative on the powder use/velocities.

I would recomment to have at least 3 to see what is a good starting point, I have Nosler, Sierra and Hornady, Speer info is available online.

Get both the Hornady bullet and cartridge comparator set and good calipers. Don't over work your brass and use all that freebore to find your best accuracy

don't forget powder funnels, the Saturn caliber specific ones from Precision Reloading are great.I don't care for the RCBS plastic funnel.you will love the RCBS warranty if you need it

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.