Reloading info on 22 TCM

Mike Matteson

Is there anybody that has any info on the 22 TCM? I am looking for reloading die's for it and reloading info on that round.It's a 9mm case necked down to .224. The pistol that I have the barrel is interchangeable to 9mm. Being a hand loader I would rather reload my own cases than buy factor ammo.

sss
Mike

It is not a 9mm necked down, the parent case is the 223. I have Hornady dies that I bought from Ammo supply :
https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/west/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=292
They also sell bullets and brass.
I use Win 296 powder. accurate has "TCM" they developed for this cartridge.
Axl,

A big THANK YOU. I got a set dies coming. Loading info if any and where? I noted the powder. I wonder about the case not being 9mm. The pistol is set up to change from 22 TCM to 9mm. Barrel and spring was included in the purchase at the time. That why I figured it was 9mm cases. I hadn't explore it very far yet.

SSS
Mike

I think the factory recommended starting load for w296 and their 40 gr. bullet is 9.5 Gr. with a max of 10 Gr. if you look around you will find loads about a grain more than that being used by some people- proceed at your own risk. It is hard to match the factory ammo velocity.
Accurate has load data for their TCM powder on their website:
https://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/load_data_TCM.pdf

The 9mm barrel for mine shoots a couple feet low and the 22 TCM is right on so I have only shot the 9 a few times.
Armscor has a place a few hours from me in stevensville MT where they make 22 TCM ammo. When I first got the gun I bought quite a bit of ammo from them.

The 9mm barrel for mine shoots a couple feet low and the 22 TCM is right on so I have only shot the 9 a few times.
Armscor has a place a few hours from me in stevensville MT where they make 22 TCM ammo. When I first got the gun I bought quite a bit of ammo from them.

Thanks again. Interesting. I am generally out of Missoula. Presently in Southern California until sometime in early March. Then headed back to Missoula. Small world. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thanks,

SSS
Mike

Last edited:
I compared the volume of the 22 TCM with my 22 Hornet and found that the TCM case has a capacity which is .3 grains more than the Hornet. In view of this and the fact that the max load for my Hornet is 12.3 grains H110 with a 33 grain bullet and it is a rifle I have been loading my 1911 pistol with 11.5 grains using the same bullet. This load is delivering my bullet at 2150 fps muzzle velocity and has been giving me groups of 1.3 inches at 50 feet. I have been carrying this pistol primarily as a protection weapon while hunting (all my bolt action rifles are set up as single shots). NOTE: I hunt along the Rio Grande River.