Reloading info. ELDX 162gr

Franki

Hello, I'm using 162gr ELD-X for my 7mm STW and thinking of reloading 175gr. Can someone give me advice for this load which is best? What powder is best and what grain should I start with and work up to maximum? Barrel length 26" twist 1:9.

Hi, I have worked with both the 162gr ELD-X and the 175gr ABLR in my Cooper 7mm STW. I settled on the 175gr ABLR. My rifle prefers H1000 for powder. Starting load (per the Nosler reloading guide number 8) is 74 grains. Nosler list max charge as 78 grains. I found exceptional accuracy at the lower range. Same barrel length and twist as you listed above.

Hello, I'm using 162gr ELD-X for my 7mm STW and thinking of reloading 175gr. Can someone give me advice for this load which is best? What powder is best and what grain should I start with and work up to maximum? Barrel length 26" twist 1:9.
FYI, this site also includes a "7mm STW reloading" thread with lots of great info.

I have very good results with the 162 eld x and M using R25 I run it at 3250 it shoots 3/4moa all day. the powder holds 5fps variance in speed for me.

Ok so here is 2 of my pet loads

175 gr eld-x with h4831sc
Load about 20 th off land and push the bullet around 2920 FPS. U will typically have to go above max load for lawyers but just watch over pressure signs. Deadly 3 inch ground at 500 yard all day long. The SD for this I believe was under 8 with a 10 shot group. This load I crimped heavy

Second is 168 gr long range Accubond with rl 19. Shoot around 3000fps
I have not pushed this bullet long range yet but the loads are very promising
Set this right off the lands
The SD for this was very good. I want to say below 4. Very good

If u want to know more just pm mr and I'll talk. Been reload 7mm for almost 25 years and found some gem load. Just pay attention to your SD

My 2 gun both have a 26 inch barrel with 1:9 twist. One is a Bartlein and the other is a benchmark.

You may have an issue with the 175 gr ELDX with your twist rate. I could'nt get them to shoot in my 1:9.25 barrel, but I recently rebarreled my rifle with a 1:8 twist and they shoot like a dream. I'm using 73.6 gr of Retumbo, 3.700" OAL and getting 2984 fps
With the 162 ELDX, I'm using 78.8 gr of H1000, 3.700" OAL and getting 3098 fps. Both are under 0.5 moa, with the 175 closer to .25 moa

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.