Reloading for Future 460 S&W

sparkyv

I'm saving up for a 460 S&W handgun, and am researching projectiles for reloading. I need to account for these expenses in my budgetary planning Without having one yet to measure the cylinder throats, what diameter for cast/coated projectiles do most of you who reload for the 460SW use?

I "slugged" my barrel, and went a couple of thousandths over for my mold dimensions. I can't remember the exact number....I've slept a few times since! memtb

I'm shooting cast .452 bullets flat nose 325 grain with H110 powder. I've been shooting mild loads with 32 grains of powder. This is for a Mag Research revolver.

I'm shooting cast .452 bullets flat nose 325 grain with H110 powder. I've been shooting mild loads with 32 grains of powder. This is for a Mag Research revolver.

Thanks for the feedback, KDF22. I use H110 for my 44, so I'm also good to go with the powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.