Reloading for a 6.5 Grendel

Ar comp for me in my AR. I settled on the 120gr Sierra Pro Hunter. Seems as though mine is/was kinda finicky but AR Comp and the 120gr Sierra have been pretty consistent for me.
Unfortunately I've not gotten the chance to use the combo on any game yet.
Good luck!
Scooter

2460 is a great powder in the grendel for all the bullet weights up to 123gr. I get right at 3000fps with the 107gr SMK. I use that powder exclusively now for my Grendel and 224 Valkyrie. Leverevolution gives some pretty high velocity and is accurate. 8208 is great in all my friends rifles but in my bolt gun it just wont group for me. 123gr seems to be the sweet spot between weight and good BC. I have shot the 129gr SST with good results but it's a bit slow for me in the AR platform. Varget is about as good as it gets but availability is now a problem. I also get great velocity and accuracy with CFE 223 but the extreme spreads make it a no go for longer range.

I posted this in the Reloading forum but never got a bite on it, I have a 6.5 Grendel in an AR-15 and wanted to know if anyone reloads for the Grendel? If so, what are you guys using for Powder and bullets? I do not have any dies yet, but plan to start looking at doing so in a few months. I have Hammer Hunters in 110gr and 124gr, but have no idea what is a good powder for this cartridge. Any help from those that have reloaded for this cartridge would be greatly appreciated.
I got good results with hornady 123 gr set using 27.3 grains of h4895. 200 yds grouping was very good. As for factory, Fed premium gold medal Berger 130 gr put 3 rounds through touching holes at 200 yds. Doug in New Prospect SC

95 grain V-Max with 8208 worked out to be the most accurate combination I've run through my 20" JP upper. It's good across a pretty wide range of charge weights. I've been a little disappointed with performance on coyotes though…

CFE and 123 SSTs was the first load my Old Man and I worked up for the Grendel about 10 years ago. It has been a good standby for me that matches the factory Hornady load that we started off shooting. Honest MOA in mine, but nothing to really brag on. His Shilen barreled AA will flat drive tacks with CFE and any 123 we have tried it with (Lapua, SST, AMax, ELD) though. With the Lapuas, he rarely misses the 800 yard gong unless the wind is just crazy.

I have used 8208xbr with 123 SST but a friend of mine just did a load with 29.5 grains CFE and 130 eldx that shot 5 within 1/2 inch.
I am going to try with some 129 sst bullets I have.

I'm very shocked more guys are not trying the 100 class bullets for these. For most ranges they are better except the longer 600 plus yards. In that case they don't have the steam to take game in my opinion. But if you are just target shooting it would be hard to beat the eld or 130 Berger. Especially how well you can get the 123 eld to shoot.
Sst is softer for game but also the bc is crap. So the hammers or 100gr eld should be much better.
I'm hoping to stray some more o. Game testing with the 97 next month on deer. The. Off for some pigs and other Texas critters.
Gonna try some close up and then out to say 400 on some large whitetail deer to see how the extra speed and the bullet design work compared to the 123 eld and the 99 both I have plenty of on game data to form a strong opinion

I have tried most of the popular powders for the grendel. 8208 xbr is not the fastest. But it is extremely accurate in my rifle and is very temp stable.

I shoot 120 Speer and 123 SST's. Too many GREAT choices in Powder !! RABBIT HOLE !!
RL15, 2000MR, 2520, 8208, Match Rifle ( Shooters World )...and the most accurate I've found is LEVERevlution...not the fastest...but my Grendy likes it. ENJOY... !! Just purchased TAC and CFE to play some more...