Reloading for a 6.5 Grendel

Kmccord

I posted this in the Reloading forum but never got a bite on it, I have a 6.5 Grendel in an AR-15 and wanted to know if anyone reloads for the Grendel? If so, what are you guys using for Powder and bullets? I do not have any dies yet, but plan to start looking at doing so in a few months. I have Hammer Hunters in 110gr and 124gr, but have no idea what is a good powder for this cartridge. Any help from those that have reloaded for this cartridge would be greatly appreciated.

I'm doing load work on Lapua 144 fmj, but other than that I only load from 100 to 120gr which are mostly fmj. XBR is probably 1 of the better. I have 2 6.5g (20 and 24" barrels) what 1 likes the other doesn't. Both are ARs. Do you know what the coal is? Make sure you can get mag length at least. The throats are different on both of them (2 I have). I haven't tested any of the cfe223, tac, blc2 or 748 yet.

I've also had good luck with xbr and 123gr eld but they are crap on game.
Xbr and 99 hunters have been my go to last season for my grendels and took a pile of audad, deer and pigs the 100gr pils is what makes the Grendel shine.
That being said the 97 gr absolute hammers and Rl10x is getting me just shy of 3k FPS and shoots very good groups.
So my go to now is the 97gr absolute hammers and rl10.
I use starlike brass, and make sure you get a lee crimp die of using in and ar will help keeps bullets in place.

Sounds like 8208 XBR is the powder of choice so far, I had an opportunity four months ago to purchase some when I just had it on my brain about reloading for it. My barrel is 20" BCA upper, it has been very accurate with Hornady Black at 123 ELDM, but since this Covid crap and change in WH I had better start doing it now.

I've also had good luck with xbr and 123gr eld but they are crap on game.
Xbr and 99 hunters have been my go to last season for my grendels and took a pile of audad, deer and pigs the 100gr pils is what makes the Grendel shine.
That being said the 97 gr absolute hammers and Rl10x is getting me just shy of 3k FPS and shoots very good groups.
So my go to now is the 97gr absolute hammers and rl10.
I use starlike brass, and make sure you get a lee crimp die of using in and ar will help keeps bullets in place.

I have a LCD for my 6.5 Creedmoor, I wonder if I could use it for the Grendel??

Nosler. Find like weight bullets.
I like nosler cause they show me the full rate also. So I find 100gr bullet xbr gave a full case. Knowing monos are longer I looked at Rl10x 85 percent with cup core and slightly faster started with that load data

Where are you guys getting your load data using RL10x? I looked online at Alliant powder and they have nothing for the Grendel.
I source from nosler, hornady, speer, berger and alliant for non published data from bullet manufacturers. I also have QL, but start @ 85-90% of max pressure IF I know bullet specs.