Reloading for 270WSM

spyder

Ive been tryin to find something to work in my new 270WSM and have had some OK luck but, was expecting better grouping with this rifle.I was just wondering if anyone had some experience with loading this cartrige,and what or where I should start?It has a 24" barrl.Any sugg. would be greatly appreciated.

MOA Thanks for the reply ,Also thanks for the URL.Ill try some of these...I think I finally found a pretty good load-Thanks so much again...
smile.gif

No problem spider. Also there is a feature article in the May issue of handloader on loading for the 270 WSM. They say that H4831 and RL22 give the best veolcity, I'd have to agree. What kind of rifle are you shooting? I have a model 70 SS bedded in a spruce green HS precision stock with a Zeiss conquest for glass. Good luck and please share your pet load with me when you finally find it.---MOA
grin.gif

H4831 is a big hit in my Browning(stock-out of the box other than the trigger)I ve found that the Hornady 150g sp w/flat base w/66 grs H4831 works the best so far.And I think Im gettin some speed there too..Still tryin, thoe this load has givin me a clover leaf at 200 yds.Not bad in my opinion.Also the RL22 seemed very close to the H4831 I still got better groups with the H4831 powder.Ill be Chrono'ing it soon I hope.Ill let you know what I get.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.