Reloading Equipment

WesCo

I am new to reloading and have been researching loads for a while. I have finally decided to take the plunge and was wondering what a good set up would be. I will mostly be reloading for 338 LM but I am sure after I figure out what I am doing that I will be loading for all my other guns as well. I am wondering what a good set up would be to start with. I don't mind spending extra money for quality equipment. I would appreciate any help regarding this. I have looked thru previous threads and didn't see anything on this so forgive me if I missed any and I'm asking a redundant question. Thanks!

Press...Forster Coax
Powder dispenser....RCBS Charge Master
Dies...Forster micrometer seater and sizer set
Forster bushing bump die
Lee collet die sets are surprisingly good for the money as well.
That should get you started

Your going to get the whole gambit of which press, dies, ect to use. Any of the major manufactors produce an excellent press. As for the dies if you are looking for the run of mill rounds, once again any major manufacture produce good dies. If you want precision rounds then go for the dies with micrometers. They are worth th extra cost. Take your time buying your reloading equipment, and buy it once. I am partial to Redding dies, RCBS scales, and RCBS dies. Look at Nachez and some of the other reliading online stores. They run good deals every now and then.

Two things I would recomend getting is a reliading manual that covers the basics, and has definitions to the big buzz words in reloading. And, get a Sinclair reliading catalog.

I use a Lee Classic Cast press. It produces winning accurate ammo for every discipline I shoot. My dies very from Lee to Widden to complete customs. Other tools to use would be very beneficial in building accurate ammo are tools to measure with. Proper die set up is essential.... Checking brass for consistency.

WesCo, do what you have been doing, research. You will receive as many differing replies as there are brands offered. Although everyone says they should have bought quality the first time. I don't know very many reloaders that haven't replaced some equipment at one point. Good luck

WesCo, do what you have been doing, research. You will receive as many differing replies as there are brands offered. Although everyone says they should have bought quality the first time. I don't know very many reloaders that haven't replaced some equipment at one point. Good luck

Keep in mind there is supplementing vs replacing as well. A beam scale and powder scoop can get you started and the usefulness of a beam scale in a reloader aresnal doesn't go away even if an automatic powder thrower shows up later. Kinda like keeping a screw driver around even when you get a screw gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.