Reloading dies

Absolute truth. No one ever saved a dime reloading. Per shot price may be cheaper, but in the long run you will shoot a lot more and spend more. You will have more accurate rifles and shoot better because of it though.
Me my buddy and my son are building budget 6.5 long range rifles so we won't be shooting them all the time. We'll just use the good ammo for when we're trying to really Reach Out And Touch something

Best thing I ever did was start decapping as a separate process. This allowed me to pull the expander balls dies, and that improved the concentricity of my reloads.

I like the Redding Type S for resizing and the Forster Micrometer die for seating.

Redding is my go to. I like the Master Hunter series with micrometer seating die and I needed something that I could use a smaller diameter depriming pin with as I use Peterson SRP brass.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy Hornady micrometer seater... the markings are in the white (so no color, just engraved on the dial) and you can't see them. I have no clue why they did and keep doing them like that but it's dumb.

Redding's are awesome in every way. I have a cheap Lee's set that I started with, I thought, "I don't need micro seater, I don't need to spend that much". Realized quickly that I should have just bought the better to start with. So now all I use the Lee set for is so I can crimp for autoloader but I mostly load for bolt gun so it doesn't see much action.

The micrometer seater adjuster on the Hornady has been fixed. It is solid black now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.