• Lee

Votes: 477 23.3%
  • RCBS

Votes: 1,107 54.0%
  • Redding

Votes: 872 42.5%

• Total voters
Your poll is ambiguous.

I use more than one manufacturer simply because different manufacturers excel at different calibers. Example, I like The RCBS Competition micrometer head front load bullet seater in .223 (because I shoot comp 100 yard bench in .223.... However, I prefer Lee pistol dies and I have some Wilson's and some Redding as well as Dillon Precision which you don't even mention....

I've used Lee, RCBS and Lyman. I've not seen that much of a difference in these brands, so I tend to go with the least expensive. Perhaps, if I were doing more match shooting and being more particular about specs, I'd choose a different brand.

However, I'm having good success with my current Lee brand dies. :cool:

Bowhunter57

for years i have always bought and used the RCBS die sets and have found them to work quite well..
for the last year or so when Hornady came out with the NEW DIMENSION dies i have been using them. i now wish i could change entirely to the Hornady dies. well made and easier to use!

Have been useing RCBS since 1979. Still same press, I bought a Rockchucker and it is still going strong.
Good Hunting

goldminer, bought my first Rockchucker in '72 and all the dies i have ever had since, until recently. replaced Rockchucker around '91-92 if memory is correct. still have second one and doesn't get worked as hard as the first one since i got Dillon 550B.
definitely excellent dies and presses, but i really like the Hornady die sets IMO. and i will buy RCBS again if they have the caliber i need and Hornady does not have it!

At least half of mine are RCBS, then Hornady, then Lyman, then Redding and Lee. I also have a few of the older Pacific dies (pre-Hornady), and I like the old Texan dies and have a few sets of them and pick them up when I find them for a good price.

I load for approx 30 diff "calibers" and have more than one brand of dies for several calibers.

rcbs, competition seating on the 30 calibers. redding, hornady too. some lyman and specialty dies. hate lee, bad luck on a couple and lee wouldnt stand behind them. the rest are rock solid in their guarantees and back up.

yeah, i have several dillon also. good dies. rcbs is the only one for the 44, 45 crimp tho, for heavy bullets in the 330-360 range. i use these for bear and 400 yard pistol shots (revolvers, 5 in barrel for 300-400 yard shots and 9 1/2 in barrel and burris 1-4 for 600 yard shots). the rcbs is the only die that will roll crimp a 44 mag or 45 colt hard enough to hold the bullets against recoil as i tried nearly every die out there for this purpose, until dillon told me to get a rcbs die for that purpose.
:cool: