Reloading components? Where are they?

cornchuck

I thought reloading components were starting to come back as of late summer. I have been watching online for things (nothing particular) but seems everyone is out of things. Primers, powder, bullets.

So what's going on now?

I haven't been to any local shops to see what they have.

Jason

I have definitely seen more stock over the last 3 months. I buy powder/primers locally, and am lucky enough to have a pretty good independent store that gets lots of stock. The local BassPro typically has 2 lbs of powder when I walk through - pathetic. I even bought some primers at the local Gander Mtn, which is saying something because it is potentially the most poorly managed national retail store I have ever been in.

Bullets have come back pretty well on-line, though certain flavored are still impossible to find.

Overall, I feel like supplies are coming back - but there are a lot of things you still need to stalk.

Nothing in particular. It's just when I go websites like Midway and I see "Out is Stock" for a lot of things still it just gets me wondering. Mainly powder and primers.

And it's not just Midway

Jason

I have noticed a few things coming back around. I am not as ept at finding stuff online as some other. There are some good folks on this site that are good about posting when someone has a stock of things or stuff like that. I have been trying to watch locally. What I have found is that bullets have been getting better online only, not so much on the shelf. Powder has been better in local shops than anywhere else, and even then, you just ahve to be lucky enough to get there on the day the shipment comes in like when I scored a couple pounds of H1000 today. Primers seem to be the wildcat right now. I am looking for some more 215M primers and I can't even remember the last time I saw them anywhere, online or local. I got enough to go for a little bit, but I would like to have about 300 more of them.

In Federal Way WA Sportsman Warehouse has all of it. Not maybe the brand of primer you want but they have a good selection of sizes.

Powder and components come in Monday night and hit the shelves Tuesday morning. All of it was behind the gun counter until last month and limited to two of each SKU's per customer. Powder was two containers each. But they have enough of some powder that it's back on the shelves. Primers are back on the shelves also. They get one powder make at a time, Alliant one week, maybe Hodgdon's the next. VihtaVuori seems spotty. If the product survives 'till Monday they move it to the isle shelves.

Bullets are another critter. If you need a 6.37mm Watschmuck they might have it. But if it is popular it is in short supply. 375's are limited, ditto the common pistol bullets. 224's are rare but I have run across big boxes (250 count) Noslers and Hornady in 224. 338 seems okay. 308 not so much.

Sportco in Fife is the same but have a better selection of plated pistol bullets. Sportco has rifle caliber bullets in common calibers more often than Sportsman's. They are not as good with powder.

Online powder is unavailable unless you hit "Buy Now" when it hits the website. I buy hasmat stuff local as the shipping charges about erase the savings. Sportsman's prices on powder & primers are the same as online price.

KB

Thank you for the replies. I was just wondering why things were starting to come around and people are still complaining about not finding things. I also wondered if I wanted to buy something online and it said out of stock but went ahead and place order found out it was in stock. I guess that is one way of keeping the hoarders at bay.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.