Reloading component sales

cornchuck

It was terrible thing that happened in Connecticut. I feel for the families of the victims. Now there might be a ban on sales of AR type firearms and high capacity mags. How are the reloading components doing? Are primers and bullets flying off the shelves? Should we be worried about it?

I'm sorry if this question should be in another forum. But I thought being in the reloading forum, there might some of you out there that might know the answer.

Jason

Not sure about components but guns are going out the door in record numbers. A small gun store that my son works for is doing 100K a day. They are saying that guns from manufacturers are backordered 12 months. I am assuming components are also flying out the door.

They are flying pretty fast from what I've seen. Look at online inventories; most of them are out or nearly out of 22 cal bullets at present. I don't need to worry as I don't buy on a whim and always have a stash of necessary bullets/powder/primers/casings for every rifle I own. I found out how tough it CAN be to find your needed components years ago and have tried since to never be anywhere near out.

Thank you guys for replying. I kinda figured that powder, primers and bullets might be bought up in large quantities by guys. Hopefully everything will work out for the good. One guy has to mess it up for all of the law abiding citizens who just want to enjoy there time shooting targets or food for their families.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Please be careful out there during the holidays.

Jason

I felt the same way 4 years ago, so I now have lots of red boxes and about 20+ enpty powder containers. I see my pharmacist every few days and he has all of the cilica packs I have them piled in a 12X12 box with around 3000 primers.
They call them dessicants. Just to keep them dry. and lots of extra full loads and I keep loading.

I think that many people agree with you.

8 years ago the NRA was saying they need to have security at all the Schools in the US and they said they were nuts. and who gets the blame for some mental defective that did'nt get enough love and attention? the good guys. I know of a guy that has accidently shot his self 3 times, this is no Bull S#it.
If they can tamper with our second ammendment, what next?
I saw a guy rejected from GanderMountain from trying to buy a HandGun a few years ago,
this guy droped it twice on the floor. There are some real nuts out there.
People talk about Canada and how hard it is to own a firearm, my best friend has a M16 and two Colt 1911's. He has a vault for all of his Rifles, and he lives in Canada and he is no OPP, MNR, or RCMP. W

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.