Reloading Checklist??

Thank the Lord I had a knowledgeable reloader help me with a reloading list 10 months ago. Your ultimate goals and your budget are very important for the seasoned reloaders to help you with a list. The posts above have a lot of good advice.
I bought the RCBS Rockchucker master kit, RCBS trimmer, Forster dies, two vibrating cleaners and a bunch of small tools for brass prep, measuring things etc. mentioned above.
The thing was I had absolutely no idea what any of it did. Totally lost. I learned as much as I could during an all day and part of the night
Instructional session. Then read pretty much anything pertaining to reloading that I could find. Then started very slowly with one of 5 calibers practicing reloading. My experience is probably pretty typical unless you grow up in a reloading family.
The volume of ammo you are reloading and how precise you want your ammo to be may influence what equipment is "practical" for your application.
I can recommend the following if fast and precise are in your wheelhouse.
1. The beam scale is fun to look at from a nostalgic point of view. Purchased a A&D 120 digital scale.
2. RCBS powder thrower. Never got the hang of it. Bought a Lee perfect thrower and it was better. Finally added the Adams powder thrower and trickler
3. RCBS ProTrimmer and drill attachment. I just dreaded trimming, chamfering and deburring brass. Started with rocket ship. Added K&M chamfer tool then Lee chamfer tool. Never liked the looks of my chamfers.
Bought a Giraud trimmer and couldn't be happier.
Good Luck

EquipmentManufacturer
6.5 Creedmor ultimate diesLee
223 Rem FL diesRCBS
308 Win ultimate diesLee
308 Win RCBS diesRCBS
260 Rem BS T/C diesRCBS
260 Rem Crimping dieLee
Hornaday Reloading manualHornady
Nosler Reloading manualNosler
Lee Reloading ManualLee
Hand Priming Tool Sheelholder SetLee
Dillon Precision Conversion KitDillon
Case Prep CenterRCBS
World's Finest Case Trimmer 308/260WFT
WFT Case Trimmer 6.5 CrWFT
WFT Case Trimmer 223WFT
Frankford Arsenal DS-750 ScaleFrankford
Frankford Arsenal TumblerFrankford
Lemi Shine - 3 packLemi Shine
Scale collecting panRedding
Spent primer cup part #13650Dillon
Case lube one shot sprayHornady
Reloading block tray - holds 50Hornady
550B toolheadDillon
Powder thrower adjustment knobDillon
Hornady auto chargeHornady
bullet pullerFrankford
Plastic containers round storageCabelas

I have been reloading for almost 20 years….let me share what I use to load for my current favorite bolt gun.

deprime…Mighty Armory decapping die. Great die, but totally optional

clean brass….National Metallic Quiet XL Vibratory Case Tumbler with corn media

clean primer pocket ….RCBS brush on Lyman prep center

brush necks ….nylon brush on prep center

measure CBTD, neck thickness and neck/base diameter….Hornady electronic calipers and micrometer…also have Hornady headspace bushing set

anneal…..Annealeez

lube….Creedmoor Sports sizing wax

FL Size….Whidden die set on a MEC Press. Dies are pretty good. Press is great.

clean…..

prime….K&M tool. Reasonable price and very consistent. Needs more leverage.

charge….Hornady LNL Dispenser. I use Satern finals too. Love them.

seat…Whidden micro die on the MEC press

Number one rule: one powder or one primer type on bench at one time. No exceptions! No distractions. No food drink on bench. Document your loading process and do not deviate. Take good notes. Set up load books for each rifle. Be anal attentive to your process. No shortcuts. Max loads are not suggestions. No such thing my rifle can take it. Use reputable manuals. Learn to recognize pressure signs and understand it can occur below max loads in load books. All rifles are individualistic so don't assume similar rifles can shoot same loads. Internet loads can be DANGEROUS and are not vetted with pressure testing so be extremely cautious when considering anything posted.

It can be one of the most rewarding hobbies you can experience. Or the most frustrating😂

All of the above!!! Excellent advise from Guys who really know!!! Hornady ; Nosler ; Berger Reloading manuals, to allow you to Cross Reference and a Clean work bench !!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
I'm an RCBS kit guy myself get started with one of those. Buy your dies from lee the deluxe set for rifles. If you use ball and pistol powder you don't need anything more than the powder dispenser supplied, read the reloading manuals first, get a how-to reload book before you buy any equipment you can learn on your own I did, but if you have someone to help that's great

I'm an RCBS kit guy myself get started with one of those. Buy your dies from lee the deluxe set for rifles. If you use ball and pistol powder you don't need anything more than the powder dispenser supplied, read the reloading manuals first, get a how-to reload book before you buy any equipment you can learn on your own I did, but if you have someone to help that's great
Thanks a Ton Brother

Many good suggestions listed previously.

No mater what type scale you choose , ........
Very Important is a Reloading Scale Weight Check Set !!!!!
I like/have the Lyman set.

Don't forget a bookshelf for all the Reloading Manuals .

Here are a couple of checklists and a label I use for ammo boxes you can consider to use or modify to your liking. I can email Word if it tickles your fancy. I create a binder for each rifle, have tabs for powder and bullet load references from internet such as Nosler, Hodgdon and Alliant. Plus from Speer and Sierra. The color code on the data sheet is for primers that I mark with a sharpie to coordinate with the load data. I use to track lot numbers until I started buying bulk kegs. I just ID the keg and track loads from it. Assume annealed which is part of total brass prep anyway. Just an idea to consider, not necessary an absolute need. Just data I like to see. I do track throat erosion off the Bullet CBTO sheet. Kind of handy to see the progression.

Attachments

• LRH.2021.08.27.Reloading Data Sheet.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 114
  • LRH.2021.08.27.Ladder.Test.pdf
    123.2 KB · Views: 102
  • LRH.2021.08.27.Bullet.COAL.CBTO.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 134
  • LRH.2021.08.27.Avery-8160-Generic Ammo Box Label.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 89
Many good suggestions listed previously.

No mater what type scale you choose , ........
Very Important is a Reloading Scale Weight Check Set !!!!!
I like/have the Lyman set.

Don't forget a bookshelf for all the Reloading Manuals .
Couldn't agree more

Attachments

• B5931366-3612-412A-AD7B-3A3FE48064D8.jpeg
    B5931366-3612-412A-AD7B-3A3FE48064D8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45