Reloading Bench Set-Ups

Started out with the press and accessories bolted to a 2x12 clamped to the kitchen counter.
Then i built this and screwed it to the walls to stable it up
old%20toy%20pics%20095.jpg

Then this was bought
pistols%20010.jpg

The lyman trimmer on its side is perfect, chips go right down to trash, no more collet holes full of brass chips and probably easier to trim brass on. Never thought of that, brass is contained on both ends no need to be sitting upright at all. Like that MachV. Cinchy they are some nice deer antlers nice roomy bench too, bullets are sagging your one shelf though :) Some of these set-ups looks like a reloading warehouse. People put more work into them than I realized.

But consider building an L shaped bench. Thats what i did, if you ran a leg down that wall to the left side you could put your die/bullet storage rack, scales etc. there and free up some space for another press on the existing side?
That is exactly what I'm doing, perfect use of space. Was out in the cold garage gathering pieces, got the top and both legs, moved a chair out of the way, and its put together soon as the cold breaks and I can work without gloves :) Can take the big piece of wood from under the scale, mount the trimmer a lot different, and with the action vise and barrel wrench on the end I have more room for a load work table. New ideas galore. Dave

Just had a lil girl Dec 19th so leading up to that my wife and I remodeled a large downstairs room to become our master bedroom!!!! So I have been given the green light to finally build me a reloading bench in our old
Master bedroom upstairs!! So I will start hopefully next week! Can't wait to get started and get it set up! Hopefully pictures will be coming ASAP

The pictures of massive piles make me cringe then a nice type A photo brings me back LOL.

On a serious note!! I have seen a few threads on folks loosing all to fires. I keep my powder and ammo in a metal el cheapo safe. Won't really survive a fire but maybe be contained? Any better ideas or feelings for this? I am actually thinking of a homemade cement mini-vault for the explosives...

My gunsmith keeps all his powder separate in metal cabinet with doors, I would imagine due to insurance issues. Always a factor though, I don't really store that much, I use it almost as fast as I buy it. I also don't keep as many types as I used to, lot less load development now. Guess its more load tuning at this point.

Here's what i put together with scrap from work, i have a chair in wheels and behind me is a five tier shelf with loaded ammo in cans on the bottom , Precision loaded ammo in next shelf, a shelf of bullets is size order and a shelf of powder and up top a shelf if dies. I just spin around grab what i need and roll back to the bench. I also have mounted my trimmer on the front recently. I would also work off of an old school teachers desk if i had one.

Attachments

• 9294E472-7DF6-407D-AF1D-F761237432A2.jpeg
    9294E472-7DF6-407D-AF1D-F761237432A2.jpeg
    868.6 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.