Reloading bench plans

Cullboss

Anybody have good plans to build a reloading bench? I am a rookie reloaded and I am looking to build a bench. Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody have good plans to build a reloading bench? I am a rookie reloaded and I am looking to build a bench. Any help would be appreciated.

LRHcustomsearch_zpsa1485285.jpg

I just paid like $200 for the Stack-On brand reloaders bench from Midway USA, and it has been perfect so far. Thinking about getting another one when I get my progressive press setup.

I reload for precision mostly. So I use a single stage press, simple powder dump and digital scale. Vs somebody with the Dillon big bad boy with a price tag of $1500 and nickel and dime you for every additional accessory. I'm guess what I'm trying to say is start out with plenty of room on a solid sturdy surface. As for plans sorry I don't have any, I went with the tables and cabinets I already had. Don't forget plenty of overhead lighting as well. Good luck!

Just make sure it is long enough. I reload metallic and shotgun and since I need some shot shells I will have to take my single stage off the bench and put the MEC up, then take the MEC down and put the single stage up...

Oh, I am using my father's old work bench. An old heavy duty workbench is the Bee's knees for this kind of work. I mount my presses to 2x12s and I c-clamp the 2x12s to the bench.

A heads up to people looking to get their first reloading bench.

Cabelas has the Stack-On brand reloaders benches currently on sale right now.

I got the deluxe Stack-On reloading bench with back wall for $169.99.

And with the free shipping promotion Cabelas is currently having right now (there is an extra $18 since it is a large, heavy item) I got it for $187.99 delivered. MidwayUSA has them for $200 plus shipping (they are not currently in-stock too).

I think that is quite a deal for this reloading bench.

I bought a 70.00 work bench from northern tool and then modified it to fit my needs. Works great for me and cheap too.

This is my set up. I just got the new bench on the right and had not moved or set up stuff yet. Above it I installed more shelving so all the reloading stuff is one place and I can smith on the left bench.

I made mine from leftover lumber from a cabinet project and a shipping skid we got some sheet metal on at work.

newbench002.jpg

Haha...how do your kids feel about sleeping in the same room as the reloading bench? :)

Seriously though...your bench turned out well.

I have been over to Cullboss's house and that 16 ft reloading bench needs some more equipment on it!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.