Reloading 7mm PRC

This is what I did last week with StaBALL HD and 180 ELD-M. 24" proof barrel:

It is a powder available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 545
I have an 8lb jug of N570 and was curious if anyone has experience using this with some 180 class Berger's in the 7prc. The lack of information I've found online leads me to believe this combo is not worth pursuing. Any information is appreciated.
Go look at altera arms. They break down the 3 powders used. As I figured H1000 RL26 and another one.

I have an 8lb jug of N570 and was curious if anyone has experience using this with some 180 class Berger's in the 7prc. The lack of information I've found online leads me to believe this combo is not worth pursuing. Any information is appreciated.
Call Berger for specific bullet/powder load data (660) 460-2802.

I checked the combo in QL expecting to find that N570 would require a significantly compressed load in the range of 115% to get to max pressure. QL shows a max pressure load of 75.1 grains at only 106% fill rate. Data was derived from standard QL presets.
What version of QL are you running? I need to get the update I guess, mine does not have 7mm PRC.

This tracks with the 6.5 and 300 PRC as VV570 is usually listed as the fastest potential for them using heaviest for caliber bullets and similar compressed loads. My 6.5 CM is magic with that same compression level using RL26.

What is your bbl length and case capacity?

24" I'm assuming it will be on the shorter side for this powder
24" will work fine.

With N570 load 180 to 3025ish fps (around 77 grs) 3.60" OAL 63K and fine tune from there. This is based on a case capacity of 84.5 grains and 70 degrees with an OBT of 1.228. A different temp and case capacity will affect these numbers somewhat. This will give a 98.5% burn depending on your lots actual burn rate. Good powder for heavy bullets in 7PRC.

24" will work fine.

With N570 load 180 to 3025ish fps (around 77 grs) 3.60" OAL 63K and fine tune from there. This is based on a case capacity of 84.5 grains and 70 degrees with an OBT of 1.228. A different temp and case capacity will affect these numbers somewhat. This will give a 98.5% burn depending on your lots actual burn rate. Good powder for heavy bullets in 7PRC.
Great information. Based on the quick load data earlier in this thread I was planning to start test at 70gr. Working up in .5gr increments up to 74gr. Maybe I'll load some higher just in case it's feasible based on your info.

Great information. Based on the quick load data earlier in this thread I was planning to start test at 70gr. Working up in .5gr increments up to 74gr. Maybe I'll load some higher just in case it's feasible based on your info.
Mine is QL also. The difference is OAL and bullet - 180 hybrid for mine at 3.60" OAL. The other was 180 vld at 3.34" OAL. Big difference in pressure when you can add more powder.

Mine is QL also. The difference is OAL and bullet - 180 hybrid for mine at 3.60" OAL. The other was 180 vld at 3.34" OAL. Big difference in pressure when you can add more powder.
I see. My CBTO is 2.640 (25thou off the lands) which I understand is a number only relative to me…I'll have to measure OAL when I start loading these to see where I am there.

This is with the 184 Berger hybrid target round.

Thanks for the info