Reloading 7mm PRC

Benny119

I have an 8lb jug of N570 and was curious if anyone has experience using this with some 180 class Berger's in the 7prc. The lack of information I've found online leads me to believe this combo is not worth pursuing. Any information is appreciated.

I checked the combo in QL expecting to find that N570 would require a significantly compressed load in the range of 115% to get to max pressure. QL shows a max pressure load of 75.1 grains at only 106% fill rate. Data was derived from standard QL presets.

Attachments

• 7mm PRC 180 BergerVLD N570.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 316
Hawkins has one as well. Looks like guys are running n570 with the 190 atips. I don't see why it wouldn't work with a 195 Berger. 180 might shoot really well you may give up some fps. Run it and see what happens.

Thank you for the replies. Especially the quick load data.

I've gone through longrangeonly and hawkins "guides" I'm not sure why they are referenced now when N570 is not mentioned. Backfire tv also has a "guide". Ive gone through these 3 guides and typed up the information in a more usable format for me but again, N570 is not mentioned.

I will load up some 184 Berger hybrid and run them in front of the chronograph to get some data hopefully in the next week or so.

I have an 8lb jug of N570 and was curious if anyone has experience using this with some 180 class Berger's in the 7prc. The lack of information I've found online leads me to believe this combo is not worth pursuing. Any information is appreciated.
I believe 555 might be the answer for this cartridge, at least according to the F-Class shooters with the 180 Bergers. Good luck.

Looking at the hodgdon load book you would think that ramshot lrt was designed just for the 7prc. Check the burn rate with lrt and 570.

The burnrate chart shows lrt and n570 right next together so there may be a good chance 570 would be a good powder.

Lrt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601-061755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601-061755_Chrome.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 215
I believe that Hornady has been using Staball HD for their factory loads. I picked up 8lbs of it and found similar mv as their factory stuff but it's hard to know for sure as I'm still breaking in my barrel and I have a 27.5" barrel. I've got 16lbs of N570 as well and was going to try the 190 atips and Bergers, as well as the 195 Bergers but not in 7mm PRC. The F Class guys are shooting N555 (and H4350 to H4831SC) with the 180s but not in 7mm PRC but rather in a necked up 6.5 PRC like an Alex Wheeler case 7PRCW in Lapua brass.

I believe 555 might be the answer for this cartridge, at least according to the F-Class shooters with the 180 Bergers. Good luck.
If you are referring to Erik cortina and f-class John they necked up a 6.5prc case to 7mm which has completely different case capacity. The triple nickel is more suited for that.