Reloading 30 m1 Carbine

guasti61

Looking for some load data info for a 30 M1 Carbine loads. Also can Bullseye powder be used ? Thanks for any help...guasti61

The M1 carbine is a gas operated gun, and the pressure curve generated is critical to proper functioning. You should stay with loads either found in manuals or proven reliable for the application. Powders commonly used are H-110(W-296), 4227, 2400 and SR-4756. Bullseye is very fast and generally not recommended, which is not to say that someone hasn't made it work.

Thank you Winchester 69 for your helpful info. I'm trying to gather all publish data I can get....guasti61

My 2 cents worth...

The MI Carbine was designed to shoot one bullet a 110 grain FMJ round nose.

If you load with or without carbide dies always lub your cases. The rims are weak and cases will stick in your dies (every time).

I suggest not running the hotest loads you can load, case life shortens exponentially with preasure.

Nat Lambeth

You can learn a lot from my mistakes. I have stuck cases in both of my 30 carbine sizer dies. It is a real pain in the rear to ream them out. It is not a case if you will stick a case in the die. It is a case of when you will stick a case in the die.

I love shooting my carbines.

Nat Lambeth

Thanks for the heads up on lubing . I roll all my brass. I tried the spray and that's how I learned about stuck cases in the dies.
p.s I check my pockets and no holes, I still have that 2 cents!!.....guasti61

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.