Reloader 33 vs Vihtavouri N57

I run RL33 in my 338 Lapua . if your RL33 load is dirty , you need to bring the pressure up .
Not the case in my experiences, all the loads i have settled at with reloader 33 in the 4 that were built were 1 grain under max from measuring case head expansion - still very dirty! but not every barrel is the same - they can be different, thats one thing i have found in this game, no two things are going to be the exact same!

@Dragoon300 I havent seen a big enough difference between the two considering ES/SD's...... as far as temperature sensitivity, i never stayed with N570 long enough to even test that. Reloader 33 has proven to be stable in north idaho temps for us. Even at maximum loads created in the winter and being shot in the summer.

The picture on the LEFT that use for my icon is H1000 6.5 PRC 26" barrel Ruger precision rifle .I can do this at will at 100 yards not bragging.. I just do my part and rifle does its part .Was very surprised at this factory rifle.

we find rl33 temp sensitive and can be way over pressure with plus 15 degrees n570 is way better that way with almost the same vel

I can't speak to your question for comparing the 2 powders you listed but I've used 570 for my 338-378 Wby. mag. & I can't say I'd call it dirty? It shoots good & has good velocity. What else I've found with it, it's fairly temp. sensitive itself, in my experience with it.

What would you consider temp stable? How much velocity change & or pressure change from 90 degrees to 50 degrees F?
My 28 nosler using n570 never changed speeds. They chronoed at the same speed using 83 grains of n570 during the winter and during the summer. Was shooting 195s at 3050 all year round, 20 degrees or less during hunting season and 80+ in the summer.

My 28 nosler using n570 never changed speeds. They chronoed at the same speed using 83 grains of n570 during the winter and during the summer. Was shooting 195s at 3050 all year round, 20 degrees or less during hunting season and 80+ in the summer.

That hasn't been my experience with it. I worked up a load last summer, I live in SW MO, & the temps probably averaged 90 F. It was what I'd consider a max load. Then when I started getting ready to go hunting in the fall to CO, I shot it again & the temp was around 50 F. The velocity had dropped by 50 fps. I had to hurriedly work up another load, which ended up being 1-1.5 gr. more powder & not showing any of the pressure signs I'd seen during the hot summer time temps.

I find N-570 to be just like H-1000 with variance.. You need to drop down and rework a load with it.. Or, just mix it all together and work a load and you won't have to do it again... I had 13 lbs of different lots and I did that .. worked like a charm. It is great powder.. I use N-570 in my 300 win, 28 Nos and my 6.5 saum with the 156 berger.. Very good ES and sd.. Better than H-1000 for me.
RE 33 for me was very temp sensative in the heat.. I quit using it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.