Reloader 26 in 6.5 creedmoor

RL-26 is a dense powder so more can be fit in the cases. It drives 100 gr over 3300 on my 257ai and no pressure signs at all. Just happened to hit a sweet node at 3325. The burn speed was too slow to work in my 250 ai though but RL-16 worked great hitting a node at 3050 and no pressure signs with 100 gr. I did push IMR-4166 in my 250ai to the point of extractor marks in the brass and Quickload estimates pressure of that load to be 74,000 psi so By the time you see brass flow you are well over pressure. There still was no hard bolt lift just a faint ejector mark. Something to keep in mind while hotrodding those target cartridges.

No, it's not, but if you run Reloder 26 in a 7.5 284 you'll see the same gains. 3000fps with a 147 is a pretty common occurrence with a 6.5 Creed and a 26" barrel. Berger even has load data with their 135 classic hunter. Figure 25fps loss per inch and you're at 2877 with a 135
View attachment 209905
I'm loaded over 2.9" as well. I don't believe I'm at 70k psi either. I'm probably 62-65k. I never saw an ejector mark on known soft Hornady brass. I have lapua, but the Hornady has more capacity, and it's a 14 year old kids rifle, so he doesn't need lapua brass. I'm bout to do a seating depth test. To see where it really shoots at. I think the tikkas have even more freebore than saami. For the 140 elite hunter to hit lands, I'm @ 2.967" ironically that actually fits in the M+ factory magazine.

I'm loaded over 2.9" as well. I don't believe I'm at 70k psi either. I'm probably 62-65k. I never saw an ejector mark on known soft Hornady brass. I have lapua, but the Hornady has more capacity, and it's a 14 year old kids rifle, so he doesn't need lapua brass. I'm bout to do a seating depth test. To see where it really shoots at. I think the tikkas have even more freebore than saami. For the 140 elite hunter to hit lands, I'm @ 2.967" ironically that actually fits in the M+ factory magazine.
Yeah, loading long and with Hornady brass that has extra capacity you're sitting pretty good.

My sako is like that, for the 143eldx to reach the lands it's 2.98" coal, luckily it shoots great at .05" jump which fits the sako s magazine

My sako is like that, for the 143eldx to reach the lands it's 2.98" coal, luckily it shoots great at .05" jump which fits the sako s magazine
Wow, that's a ton of freebore. For 143 to tag in this it was 2.94" you def have a long chamber, nice thing a out the eldx is they have a LONG bearing surface.

Wow, that's a ton of freebore. For 143 to tag in this it was 2.94" you def have a long chamber, nice thing a out the eldx is they have a LONG bearing surface.
Yeah it really is, but the gun shoots very well, I'd say it's my best shooting factory rifle

I haven't loaded in 6.5 creed, but in my .260 AI it is simply outstanding. I was able to reach 3170 before max pressure with 140 vld's, and "settled" on 3090 with a load that is easy on brass.

But, the member "Bowfishn" from this site posted in the "Reloder 26" thread, and I'll quote his results. Keep in mind all the regular safety rules, this is his results in his gun with his equipment, always work up slowly and BE CAREFUL. Here is his post-

Ok I got a chance to get to the range today to check out a few loads using RL26 and Hornady 143 ELDX bullets in my 6.5 Creedmoor.
26" barrel Nosler brass BR2 Primers 2.890"OAL
I tested with a Magnetospeed installed. Three shot groups. gun)

46gr. 2872 fps average vel. ES 13 SD 6.5
46.5gr 2908 fps average vel. ES 6 SD 3
47gr 2939 fps average vel. ES 10 SD 5.5
47.5gr 2954 fps average vel. ES 11 SD 5.85
48gr 2999 fps average vel. ES 12 SD 6.6
48.5gr 3029 fps average vel. ES 13 SD 6.65
49gr 3054 fps average vel. ES 19 SD 9.6 *
*this load was compressed I had to use a drop tube to get all the powder in.

48grs had best group of .216"ctc 49gr was not too bad at .567"ctc
group average center was same point of impact between 47.5 gr. and 49 gr.
I am going to work on loads up and down from 48 gr. and try longer and shorter COAL.
No sign of pressure observed and when I popped the primers from the 48.5 and 49 gr loads they were just as tight as the lightest load.

-hope that helps out.
Got Some questions? I have a 260 Rem and a 6.5 CM. When I set my bullet in the brass of my 6.5 CM with the coal of 2.890 the projectile is no longer in the brass. How can I fix this? Another question is my Mag length is only 2.850. The 260 Rem and 6.5 CM are both short actions. How can I fit a bullet with a coal of 2.890 in a Mag that's only 2.850. Are you single feeding?

Got Some questions? I have a 260 Rem and a 6.5 CM. When I set my bullet in the brass of my 6.5 CM with the coal of 2.890 the projectile is no longer in the brass. How can I fix this? Another question is my Mag length is only 2.850. The 260 Rem and 6.5 CM are both short actions. How can I fit a bullet with a coal of 2.890 in a Mag that's only 2.850. Are you single feeding?
If you have acis style mags MDT has a non binder plate mag that will accept 2.960. You will have to check to make sure you don't need to clearance the action for them to work. They have a binder plate mag that will feed at 2.865. They advertise 2.870 but in my gun 2.865 is about it. The savage uses the non binder plate mags without issue.

That is why I asked how many loads guys were getting out of their brass. I suspect that while reloader 26 does increase velocity a bit it's not magic pixie dust. Most of them are likely over saami but not to the point of brass failure. Most everyone is hanging there hat on the Berger data but I suspect that is quickload data.

https://defensiveedge.net/260-terminator/ ok so knowing this, could someone please tell me how 6.5 CM shooters are duplicating these numbers?
It doesn't say what his barrel length is as far as I can see. It could be a shorter barrel for all we know. Secondly, 3075 is a bit faster than what most guys will get in creeds. I ran out of room at 49 grains of powder and got 3014 fps.

That is why I asked how many loads guys were getting out of their brass. I suspect that while reloader 26 does increase velocity a bit it's not magic pixie dust. Most of them are likely over saami but not to the point of brass failure. Most everyone is hanging there hat on the Berger data but I suspect that is quickload data.
yes sir. I'm starting to think people are just throwing down numbers. It's like Stewart from MadTV saying " Look at what I can do "

Another question. If a 260 Rem can only hold 48 grains of powder max with a 100 grain bullets with these dimensions (

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97