Reloader 25 on the shelf. Should I buy?

It is an excellent powder in both 300 magnums you list. It's apparently temp sensitive, but I've never seen it in my 300WM, running 81gr with a 180gr Accubond. I rarely hunt outside of winter temps, but work up loads in Summer. I don't find it dirty unless the loads are at the bottom or middle loads.
I would buy it, gives me bugholes.

Cheers.

I have had a policy ever since Bill "commie" Clinton was in office to NEVER EVER leave a store that sold ammo or reloading components empty handed. Yes buy the powder as already been stated at worst you WILL be able to resell it for at least what you bought it for and at best you can trade it for a reloading component you might need.
Even though H-BLC-2 is a great 308/W powder, I have no use for Hodgdon BLC-2 but if I had to it will work great for my 308/W reloads so it was a win/win buy and no need to buy more SM/RFL primers as I have oodles of IMR4064 for my 308/W but I bought 3 of the 5 1lb jugs of BLC-2 and 5k of the 10k SM/RFL primers that were on the shelves yesterday when I was in my LGS because I just MIGHT one day need other reloading components or ammo like 22lr which I have a whole lot of but not as much as I wish I had due to my boys love of shooting our 22lr HG's and rifles. And I MUCH MUCH rather prefer to trade a powder or primer I don't need or use VS ones I do to get components or ammo I do need or want. That's were the BLC-2 and similar components come in very handy.
I'm talking 800-1k rounds of 22lr per range trip so 20k 22lr isn't actually all that many.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.