Reduced velocity load 243win

Kroberts

I want to to some bullet expansion testing for my 243 win. using 95 gr SMK. I want to see what the minimum velocity for expansion would be and instead of keep moving back in distance I want to reduce my velocity and shoot out to 300 yards to simulate further velocities. I'm also wanting to test bullet annealing and see what effect it will have on this projectile. I'm looking for something that will give me a starting velocity of about 2000-2200 fps from my 22" barrel. If anyone can either point me to a powder to try or a book that would have the data it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

I think I found a powder that should work, Blue Dot. Does anyone have any experience with this. What I came across was about 11-17 grains under a 95 gr bullet. Think it's worth a shot?

I remember seeing some reduced loads for cast bullets. That should give you a good starting point. I will see if I can locate those.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.