• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED REDUCED-FS-Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x50 Boone and Crocket reticle w/M1 target knobs-SOLD

Autorotate

For sale: Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x50 Rifle Scope, Matte Black, Model# 57160

I purchased this scope new in the summer of 2008. I mounted it on a 300 Wby for a round count of about 25 shots. I removed it,
to send to the Leupold custom shop to have M1 target knobs installed. It took a fall from about 24" onto a Linoleum floor, the
objective bell took a very small ding on it's outer edge of approx 1/8" deep by about 1/4" wide, with no damage to the any of the lenses
or internal mechanisms.

I sent it in to Leupold for repair; Leupold repaired the ding on the objective bell, and sent it back with a clean bill of health.

While it was in the shop, I asked that they install M1 target knobs, and set the parallax focus for 300 yds.

I remounted it, and it performed flawlessly. The only reason I'm selling, is I purchased a Mark 4, and have decided I want the same
reticle type and Mark 4s on all my rifles.

The only imperfection I know of, and can find on the entire scope is a small nick near the zoom ring on the tube itself. I tried to
capture it the best I could in one of the pictures below.

This is a financially dumb thing for me to sell, but I've got a few builds in the works that need funding.

This model is discontinued, so for info, here's one of the better links I found for the detailed specifications.

Leupold Riflescopes > LEUPOLD VX-III 3.5-10x50, Matte Black

A couple specifications that will be of interest to our forum members:
-It is a 1" tube
-I get 55.25 MOA of total elevation knob adjustment from top to bottom
-I get 38.25 MOA total windage knob adjustment from left to right or right to left.

The Leupold one piece base and 1" rings can come with the scope for a respectful offer above the scope price listed below.

For now, only interested in selling. I'll post what trades I might be interested in if this doesn't sell.

It's posted on a few other forums; I'll honor the first "I'll take it" PM or email by date/time.

Price when new: $630
M1 Target knobs: $130
Total new replacement cost: $760

I'll let this go for $600 shipped to your door.

486603247_aYzrN-XL.jpg

486603031_KsUQX-XL.jpg

486602804_KWTxU-XL.jpg

486602908_prYQG-XL.jpg

486602568_WAhB5-XL.jpg

486603156_wEGuR-XL.jpg

Oh yea....the Clone Wars homework eraser isn't for sale.

Last edited:
Re: REDUCED-FS-Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x50 Boone and Crocket reticle with M1 target knob

Price reduced- $550 shipped TYD.

Re: REDUCED-FS-Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x50 Boone and Crocket reticle with M1 target knob

I'll give you $500. for the scope. I would like to see you get what you ask for but I don't have that much to spend on a scope. But like I said I'll give you $500.

All PMs and emails answered.

Still for sale. :)

Sold Pending Funds.