Redfield?

NKYhunter

Been looking at the Revolution 4x12x40mm. Read some good reviews and it seems like a good scope for the money. Anyone use a Redfield? Is their a better scope for around $350?

I've got the Revolution 3-9x40 on one of my .270s. It works great and holds it's zero as well as any other scopes I own. I can't tell a difference between it and my Leupold VX-2 and I paid half as much for the Redfield. Redfield is now owned by Leupold and I assume they make their Redfields as the same quality of the lower end Leupolds. You shouldn't be dissapointed.

For 300 to 350 dollars I'd go with a Weaver Grand Slam... check Natchez or Midway, I saw some good sales on those this month.

I had one of the earlier Redfield Revolutions and it was an okay scope. Rubber ring came off the eyepiece... glass was on par with a decent Simmons scope, but not as good as a Denver 5 Star Redfield 3 to 9 I have...

Dan

Yes, I have the 3-9 on my son's .30-06 ~ 3 years ago and is holding up very well with 165-180 grainers. It's not an assumption but a favorable personal experience, they are very well built. I don't consider them "cheap" but rather nicely priced for the budget conscious hunter/shooter. In short, it's a good scope for the money. The Revenge line is also gaining grounds.

I compared it with similarly priced scope like the Nikon ...

downsize.jpg

My co-worker had exactly the one I compared with and he let me field and range test it. My son decided on the Redfield.

For ~$400, check out the Zeiss conquest. Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Been looking at the Revolution 4x12x40mm. Read some good reviews and it seems like a good scope for the money. Anyone use a Redfield? Is their a better scope for around $350?

I paid $175 for mine from E-bay. Its "OK" but I wouldnt buy another one and NO WAY would I give $350 for one of them

Ive got a Nikon here waiting for a 25-06AI to get put together so I have somewhere for it. The Revolution is no where close to the Nikon line for optics.

I didn't see anything where OP is paying $350 for a Redfield. For the scopes compared in #5, my son and I considered the Redfield more suited for our shooting and hunting needs, and most importantly, our eye sights.

I didn't see anything where OP is paying $350 for a Redfield. For the scopes compared in #5, my son and I considered the Redfield more suited for our shooting and hunting needs, and most importantly, our eye sights.

" Anyone use a Redfield? Is their a better scope for around $350?"......That sure sounds like he is placing the Redfields in the $350 catagory.

The Nikons and the Zeiss are FAR about the optics of the Redfields. The Zeiss specially.

gun)
" Anyone use a Redfield? Is their a better scope for around $350?"......That sure sounds like he is placing the Redfields in the $350 catagory.

The Nikons and the Zeiss are FAR about the optics of the Redfields. The Zeiss specially.

I took it as he's considering the Redfield and capping his budget for optics at $350 - MSRP for the scope in question is $325. It's on sale at Opticsplanet for $220.

Not all Nikon are created equal, those I tested are comparable as evident of the price. Again, as noted end user has the ultimate decision.

gun)

I took it as he's considering the Redfield and capping his budget for optics at $350 - MSRP for the scope in question is $325. It's on sale at Opticsplanet for $220.

Not all Nikon are created equal, those I tested are comparable as evident of the price. Again, as noted end user has the ultimate decision.

^ That's it. Sorry for the confusion. I have looked at a few Nikons and liked them a lot. Just thought the Redfields had a good price tag.

Originally Posted by FEENIX
gun)

^ That's it. Sorry for the confusion. I have looked at a few Nikons and liked them a lot. Just thought the Redfields had a good price tag.

No problem, no confusion here! Good luck on your choice of scopes.

Thanks. Headed to Bass pro. on friday. I know it's prob. not the best place to shop, but it's descent and really the only place I have close other than the internet.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.