Redfield accu-ranger varmint

Porker

Hello lads,

Please can someone assist. I have a accu-ranger (varmint) 4-12x42 , mounted on my Win 22 Hornet, and to utilise the built in range finder, I need to know at what velocity Redfield recommends launching a 35g bullet. They do not have an email address on site, and only have the option to order a catalogue. Anyone have an email address for me? I'm in South Africa, so calling is a bit challenging.

They have recommendations for other calibers, but not 22 hornet in their catalogue, would be greatful if anyone can help.

I am assuming this is for the use of holdovers? If so, zero the gun with your 200 yard zero on the center cross hairs on 12 power. Then setup targets at 300, 400, 500 and use the next lowest line for 300. See where that impacts the target and correct, meaning move the target out or in to change the POI. Then take notes about that distance. Ie, if the first hash mark is 321 yards, second mark is 404 yards and so on. The guide lines redfield uses are only good for one DA and every gun shoots differently on top of that. Use what you actually see when you set the targets.

thanks Azprc, i'm familiar with that technique, just that the Accu-ranger has the bracket system which works on a fixed velocity, and if it works for a dozen other calibers, surely for 22 hornet...unless the caliber is too slow.

Strange that a big Co. like Leupold/Redfield don't have a contact email for customers?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.