Redemption ram!!!

I have hunted in the Davis mountains with great success, taking many huge rams , just curious, do you keep the meat? I have yet to find a way to make an Aoudad palatable.

I have hunted in the Davis mountains with great success, taking many huge rams , just curious, do you keep the meat? I have yet to find a way to make an Aoudad palatable.
No I didn't. I was down there by myself and I packed the head and cape just over 3.5 miles I was whooped. It was 105 degrees out. That was more than enough for a fat ND boy :)

My last Ram was October 17 of last year , I was shooting across a canyon at 440 yds , shooting a 300 win mag with 220 gr Eldx . I hit him in the shoulder and he dropped, he stood back up about a min later , I hit him again in the shoulder, down he went . He then crawled 5 ft and fell off a 10 ft cliff. The next day we went back to recover the head and cape a he had crawled another 100 ft down the draw , after 4 hrs we were back at the spot I shot him from , the weather was 35 degrees and freezing rain. He was my best Ram to date at 34 5/8 and 34 2/8 . Leaving this year on November 4th for the whitetail and mule deer gun seasons .

Aoudad is good eating if you take care of the meat. Of course I don't usually shoot huge rams on public land. In 105 temperatures, ttaking care of the meat is a difficult thing. My buddy shot a gemsbok a couple of weeks ago, and it was 95 degrees. Bone it out, bag it, and put it in the ice chest as soon as possible. Gemsbok is the best meat.