Redding Type S Dies - Storage Options? Too big for case?

fnlights

Curious how everyone stores their Redding Type S dies. My seating die does not fit in the Redding case with the Micrometer on it and was hoping to avoid removing it everytime I am done using it. I should also note that I use the Hornady LNL die bushings.

Does anyone know if it will fit in an RCBS case? If not, I am thinking of buying a large MTM Ammo case, taking out the insides, and adding in a towel or something.

Curious how everyone stores their Redding Type S dies. My seating die does not fit in the Redding case with the Micrometer on it and was hoping to avoid removing it everytime I am done using it. I should also note that I use the Hornady LNL die bushings.

Does anyone know if it will fit in an RCBS case? If not, I am thinking of buying a large MTM Ammo case, taking out the insides, and adding in a towel or something.
You might try the Forster die boxes. They are plenty long enough. Not sure how the Hornady bushing would affect them.
you can buy empty boxes from Midway.

Have the same issue with the Competition seater die….so instead of dismantling it each time, I made a handy piece of timber out of Australian Redgum and drilled 7/8" holes in it and it houses all of my comp seater dies. Sits nicely on my shelf too.

Cheers.

Was it not in a case when you bought it? 90% of my dies are Redding and Micro seaters. I have to dial the seater knob down and locate the locking nut to drop in the slot so it fits.

I've been thinking of making a wooden block just for the seating dies as i have the same issue.

I came across this item and may add it my bench.

Plastic is easiest.
I have used cigar boxes, and glued in cut down paint stirring sticks to provide the die separator barriers to keep 'em from banging against each other.
You can keep two sets of overly large dies in them.
I kept my 338LM Forster micrometer seater and RCBS GMM in one for a few years. Never had a problem with corrosion.
Moved back to die boxes as I rearranged my reloading storage. I now keep a hand primer in one of those cigar boxes.

I contacted Redding and asked if they would consider making a die box with a knock-out plug so the seater die could remain long in the box. They said "No". lol So I just knocked them out myself. Works fine.

Die Box 2.jpg

Last edited: