Redding T7 turret press

GW Hunter

I've been looking at these lately, and they seem as if they would be an awesome tool. I am wondering though, how well does the turret lock in? Does it flex when sizing a large case? I would think for it to rotate, there would need to be a bushing or "play" in the turret. What locks it in? Anyone with one of these care to chime in? Thanks...

Buy it, you will not regret it, I make rounds with less than .001 runout on mine. The ability to switch out heads is very handy. Keeps you from having to reseat your dies if you have more than one rifle in the same caliber. I have dies set up for each RIFLE, rather than each caliber......

Only issue I have "heard about" is some have/develop a little slop in the turret bushing interface. Seems it can be substantially reduced or minimized by stoning a very small amount off the top of the bushing. Been looking at one of these myself.

I looked at this press and almost pulled the trigger on one, I had an old Lyman All American Turret press. I got tired of having the slop kick in when I turned the Turret, if I did not remember to tighten it would flex up to .050 to .100. I decided to go with a CO-AX Press, I waited for Forster to come back in stock, and was tired of waiting and purchased the Frankford Arsenal M Press. I like it and to change out dies from sizing to seating takes about two seconds, the locking die block holds the setting you had done previously, no flexing of the press, no shell holders required, no spent primer dust, it has a plastic catch mounted below the case. The shell holder and die float, so better concentricity ammo. If you order through Amazon you can get it for around 179.00, or wait until the Forster is in stock and purchase on of those.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.