Redding or Forster?

ishootkittens

I am looking to get another reloading press and I am stuck between two. I only load a few calibers and I dont need anything special, but I would like a quality product. I like single stage presses because they are simple and less working parts usually means less malfunctions. I have studied alittle on both presses but I have narrowed it down to the Redding Big Boss II and the Forster Co-ax. The Forster looks more solid but it is also 100 dollars more than the Redding. Is the Co-ax worth the money? I like Forster's universal "shell holder" set up but most people i know swear by Redding's product and customer service! If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! THANK YOU!

Take your pick here, and you'll get a good quality press with whichever you choose. The Co-Ax does have a unique shell holder system, and I truly like it. The real features that makes it such a standout are its leverage and the manner in which the dies "float" to some degree and allow themselves to become self-centering. Makes for some very straight ammo with fewer hoops to jump through. Not to take anything away from the Redding, and it's a very good press as well. Like I said, take your pick, and you'll do well with either.

See, that is what I was thinking. I just really wanted to know if the Forster was worth the extra 100 dollars. I mean I can stretch 100 dollars a long way when it comes to reloading! lol

I upgraded to the Forester and have not regretted it one bit.

I actually prefer regular shell holders and purchased the adapter.

Ammo is very straight/concentric.

Dies are a snap to change.

The primer seater is a nice plus as well.

I have nothing negative to say about Redding. But, I would do the Forester again without hesitation.

-- richard

The ease of changing dies is worth the cost difference to me, add in the overall quality and the universal shellholders and I am very happy with the Forster.

Well there is another virginia man! lol

Well Ive heard great things about both. Ive just heard that the forester can be expensive. And im not that wealthy at the moment! lol

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.