Redding Model 2400 Case Trimming Lathe Review

One issue I have is I trim quitr a few straight walled pistol cases so I tend to use the Sinclair vertical trimmer and an appropriate counterbore in the milling machne.

just wanted to do a follow up.i have now trimmed over 5k .223 cases and the cutter blade is just now showing some signs of getting dull.i have also trimmed over 1k .30 calibers of different cartridges and that portion of the blade is still in great shape.also,I haven't had to do any maintenance on the trimmer except a dab of oil every so often on all moving parts.

I sold mine a while ago (listed it on here btw) and got a WFT which I chuck in one of the lathes and use the appropriate size caliber insert. Much faster and more consistent than the Redding. The redding is fine but the WFT (which is similar to a Giraud) is much faster and easier on your hand....

One nice thing about the WFT is it uses a common end mill (2 or 4 flute centercutting) to trim the case so 'blade' replacements are cheap and readily available.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts