Redding Bushing sizing die for the 284 win

Hard rock

Question can you use the same 284 win sizing die with different bushings too size down or up for all the different wild cats based off of the 284 win parent case trying too clarify

I have both the 6.5 284 and straight 284 Win.
I have bushing dies for each.
They look like the same case body. If I recall... I remember reading long time ago that being the two necks are fairly close in diameter...switching for the correct bushing for caliber can be used as long as that caliber neck can pass thru the opening where the bushing sets on.
Looking inside mine... the bushing shoulders appear to be the same OD.
Someone may be able to chime in to confirm this.

I have both the 6.5 284 and straight 284 Win.
I have bushing dies for each.
They look like the same case body. If I recall... I remember reading long time ago that being the two necks are fairly close in diameter...switching for the correct bushing for caliber can be used as long as that caliber neck can pass thru the opening where the bushing sets on.
Looking inside mine... the bushing shoulders appear to be the same OD.
Someone may be able to chime in to confirm this.
Addendum:
I used Mandrels for necking up before using sizing die.

Addendum:
I used Mandrels for necking up before using sizing die.
For example I load for 284 win 6.5-284 and now I'm builind a 25-284 I have reg redding dies for the 284 and 6.5 284 I'm trying too verify If I can use a redding 284 win bushing die for all three cartridges by changing the neck bushings

I understand exactly.
That neck/shoulder junction where the neck bushing doesn't quite reach may be the only concern... You know where the shoulder turns upward into the neck.....Bridging that gap from .25 to .284 gets longer and that distance will be different and have different dimensions with each caliber.
How that area affects chamber fitment is what worries me.
Just my thought.

I understand exactly.
That neck/shoulder junction where the neck bushing doesn't quite reach may be the only concern... You know where the shoulder turns upward into the neck.....Bridging that gap from .25 to .284 gets longer and that distance will be different and have different dimensions with each caliber.
How that area affects chamber fitment is what worries me.
Just my thought.
Thanks just trying too find out for sure before odering dies for the tupe s 25 -284 you might be able too go 6.5 - 284 too 25 - but still need too find out for sure if not I guess I'll bite the bullet and have different bushing dies for all three cartridges

If you don't get the response needed... why not buy the .25 cal bushing needed and try it. (research which bushing diameter most used for that caliber.
Alot cheaper that the die.
If they fit the chamber... shoot it ...just use the same brass with same rifle and they'll be fire-formed and work even better with resizing afterwards.
Just keep an eye on that donut area.

If you don't get the response needed... why not buy the .25 cal bushing needed and try it. (research which bushing diameter most used for that caliber.
Alot cheaper that the die.
If they fit the chamber... shoot it ...just use the same brass with same rifle and they'll be fire-formed and work even better with resizing afterwards.
Just keep an eye on that donut area.
I dont have any bushing dies for the 284 win or the 6.5- x284 and rebarreling a rifle too 25 -284 I'm going too start using bushing dies for all my different cartridges and cal so trying too verify if i could use one die for sizing all three 25 -284 6.5-284 and the 284 win by changing bushings

Following. I'm needing to know if I can use a 30 cal neck bushing in a 284win die.

Even if it worked, there's the seater die you'd need. Do you just plan to have a different seater for each caliber?

the only way you could use one bushing die for the 6mm, .257, and 6.5-284 is if all the barrels are head spaced exactally the same or it isn't worth readjusting the die all the time. but if they are then one die could work with a bushing and/or expander change.
@Tac-O I have seen your other post and will let you know that my Whidden 284 bushing die has a through hole without bushing of .334 if that helps you on your quest
with a little patience you can open that up a couple more thousands

the only way you could use one bushing die for the 6mm, .257, and 6.5-284 is if all the barrels are head spaced exactally the same or it isn't worth readjusting the die all the time. but if they are then one die could work with a bushing and/or expander change.
@Tac-O I have seen your other post and will let you know that my Whidden 284 bushing die has a through hole without bushing of .334 if that helps you on your quest
with a little patience you can open that up a couple more thousands
I have all the other reg dies and seaters compitition etc except 25 -284 dies being I'm changing too bushing dies for sizing im trying too figure out if I can get a Redding 284 win die with different bushings too work in the 6.5 284 and 25 -284 I have
Understanding you can use the 6.5 prc too size too25 prc or the6 . 5 creed too25 creed by changing bushingsin the Redding type s dies

you can use the 284 bushing die for both only if they are headspaced the same and require the same amount of shoulder bump if not you will need two dies. you can use the 284 or the 6.5-284 bushing die for a 25-284 with proper bushing

you can use the 284 bushing die for both only if they are headspaced the same and require the same amount of shoulder bump if not you will need two dies. you can use the 284 or the 6.5-284 bushing die for a 25-284 with proper bushing
Yes sir...That was exactly what I was trying to convey but you put it in a shorter and better explanation.

Yes sir...That was exactly what I was trying to convey but you put it in a shorter and better explanation.
That sounds right I was trying too confirm that headspace and all is understood being that I already have all of these standard dies I'm trying too capatilize on 1 bushing die too load the 25 -284 but still be versatile so I can load the other 284 based cartridges also thank you for the input and advice

Recent Posts