Redding Bushing Dies Vs RCBS ?

samson

I am wondering if I will gain any accuracy in my 300 WM by going to a Redding die oveer my standard RCBS die. I am still new to the reloading dept and am not really sure what the difference is. Should I make the change?
Thanks for the help.

standard rcbs dies are junk in my opinion,the standard reddings are a little better.the redding comp. dies are some of the best you can buy. any of the bushing style,micrometer dies make it a lot easier to control variables whether they are wilsons redding etc..as well they take alot of the guess work out of the equation.for the money lee collets dies work well.buy the best you can afford you will see a difference-my 2-dave

never tried them,have heard both good and bad though,havent ever really anything bad about the reddings ang wilsons.-dave

samson,

RCBS dies have been the dies that all others are measured against for almost half a century. They are outstanding products and the company is just as good and it stands behind them.

If you have any problems with your cases then tell us about what concerns you and we can offer specific advice.

Personal opinion is the Forester Bonanza BR dies are one of the best for the money, then the Redding Comp dies. You can have the forester dies converted to bushing for $35 from JLC precision, and takes one week.

The Forester micro seater is second to none and under $50.

RCBS makes a good average die, but not one I would pick for top level accuracy work.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.