Red Dot scope with magnification?

Rum River

My brother has poor eyesight. He asked if I would help find him a scope with an illuminated red dot and magnification.

I have been able to find scads of non-magnifying units, or units with magnification but still only intended for relatively short range (100 yards or less).

I found one make called Mueller with which I have no experience. Has anybody else here used them?

Anyone know of any other units that could help him shoot out to at least 200 yards?

There are lots of scope with illuminate reticles, would those work? I have a Leupold CQT 1-3X on a AR type rifle and engaging targets out to 200 yards is pretty easy although obviously not as precise as a scope with higher magnification and a finer aiming point.

Schmidt Bender hunting scopes offer some with a red dot and a reticle, as does Zeiss in the varipoint lince. Expensive, but good glass. You will find low power scopes 1-4-, 1-6, and even 3-12 x 50.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.