Recovered Bullet Photo Gallery

CO_Guy

I'm also impressed with the SST performance. I always thought they would not handle much. I found a node for my Win model 70 in 7wsm with the 162gn SST and hope to do the same for my 325wsm.

wv270wsm

I know how the sst does in my 270 wsm it make a heck of a hole. Never been able to recover a whole bullet though. I’ve found bits and pieces of shrapnel, but never anything of substantial size. The last whitetail I shot with it was at our camp and it’s very steep and rugged took a high shoulder shot to ensure she wouldn’t run down the mountain. While skinning her we almost pulled her into pulling the hide off. It definitely puts a hole in one for sure

LVJ76

The SST is a great killing bullet. I'm surprised not many here talk about them. Yeah it doesn't have the high BC like the Eld's and Bergers but its not bad and I find them far more reliable, especially when using the heavy for caliber one's on magnum cartridges.

whirlwindjml

I was hoping to recover the 194 lehigh maximum expansion but both does we zapped had a pass [email protected] and 20yards. The wound channel looked like a broadhead went through but more ragged. They dont make it far. Thats my freinds doe with my pistol and subsonic load. Im going to look for the bullet in the spring with the metal detect.
IMG_20191120_180858_01.jpg

manitou

Both are 140 gr accubonds out of a .280, m.v. of 3040.
Left one was a large whitetail buck at 20 yards, quartering to. Shot inside shoulder, went through heart and a lung and stopped under hide at last rib on far side.
Right one was a 320 yard shot on a mule deer buck, broadside. Took out both shoulders and stopped under hide on far side.
20191220_092301.jpg

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce