Recommended Reads...

point

any recommendations on good books for long range shooting. topics such as rifle and ammo selection, range estimation, wind, weather factors, using mil-dots and log books. why logs are so important and how to fill one out correctly with whats important and the such. newbie stuff in a book i can read. thanks.

Point,

Your best bet here will probably be the various military manuals (FMs) on sniping, for many of the things you've touched on here. Beyond that, I think you'll find the greatest amnount of truly useful information in those books intended for long range competition. Nancy Tompkins-Gallagher did one recently on long range and prone shooting that is outstanding, and touches strongly on several of the issues you've asked about. There's plenty of other stuff in there too, since her book is specifically intended for the competitive long range shooter. Take a look at the various books offered by Sinclair, at www.sinclairintl.com and I'm sure you'll find quite a few titles that will interest you.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

Precision Shooting At 1,000 Yards a good read for long range shooting and reloading and also very informative about long range competition.

i looking for the same thing cant find any one on hunting i know it all applies if i had the money i would probly go to a good school like DE's going to order his dvd wish he wrote a book would give me something to read in this sand box im currently in

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.