• Nightforce

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Leica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Good Boi

I'm looking to get a new rifle scope for a 300 PRC build.
Important features for me are:
- FFP
- MRAD turrets
- illumination
- 56mm objective lens
I get different pricing because I'm in the military so that comes into play also. I prefer not to spend ATACR pricing if I can avoid it (also, it avoids opening a new level of bag of worms of Nightforce vs March vs Steiner etc). I was leaning towards the Athlon for a low end and Valdada for high end.

Athlon Cronus BTR G2 UHD for $1200
Tract Toric ELR for $1440
Delta Optical Stryker HD for $1700 (Waiting to hear if they have a mil discount)
Vortex Razer G2 for $1740 (EBR-7C) / $2040 (H59)
Leupold Mark 5HD for $2015 (ill TMR) / $2032 (ill Tremor 3)
Valdada Recon G2 for $2275
Leica PRB for $2429
Nightforce ATACR $2800-$3200

Last edited:
The leica PRS is a good option too, not to make it more complicated for ya...

I'd personally be plenty happy with the athlon. I've got a couple and theyre great. My buddy has a toric that is good too. I see no difference in the glass between those two.

#1 thank you for your service! #2 I vote athlon, my experience with them is fantastic and great value. I'm also interested in your poll as will be in same boat on a 338LM in the near future.

I've had two Cronus and they both have been great. I have compared them to a Kahles and a Minox zp5 while hunting and they hold there own well.

I'd take a look at the Nightforce NX8. It's 4-32x. I don't have a ton of experience with it yet. I just got it mounted up and plan to do some shooting with it in the next few days, but from what I've looked through it, it's seems top notch.

The Nightforce
I'd take a look at the Nightforce NX8. It's 4-32x. I don't have a ton of experience with it yet. I just got it mounted up and plan to do some shooting with it in the next few days, but from what I've looked through it, it's seems top notch.

The Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 F1 Mil-C looks really tempting but I feel like there's probably a lot lost with just a 30mm tube/50mm objective lens. I read that it's practical range is more like 4-25.

Could be. I haven't looked through it in low light conditions yet. But I think most that's lost on a 30mm tube vs 34mm is a few elevation clicks.

The Athlon, Tract, Delta, and Leica are the same scope body and all produced by LOW in Japan. They are just built to different specs per each brand.
For the money, the Cronus and Delta Stryker are great scopes. I have both, and they compare really good in most areas to my S&B PMII and IOR Recon. While they aren't Alpha scopes, they will get the job done for 1/2 the price.
I do really like the locking turret's and reticle choices that the Delta Stryker has. I bought mine from EDGunwest.com -

Bushnell XRS?? Just to muddy the waters....

I liked my Cronus when I had one. Very nice scope. They can be found for ~$1200. All the scopes you have listed will serve you well.