Recommendation for Picatinny Base

eferry

Just bought Burris Signature Zee 30" mm rings, but wanted everyones feedback on a good solid picatinny base for my Remington 700 Sendero.

I am really leaning towards steel instead of aluminum since I have the recoil of a 300 ULTRA MAG.

Please let me know what you guys recommend?

Thanks folks.

There are several good ones to choose from. But I feel it is hard to beat a Nightforce for the fit, and value. Should be able to get one shipped for about $115 on Fleabay. They are low to the receiver, strong and you can get 0, 20 or 40 moa.

Jeff

X2 with Broz on this. I think NF bases and rings are top notch and have them on everything that has a pic rail. Near makes really nice products too but Yikes they're expensive.

X3 on the Nightforce, I don't know about other mfg's but I like that the Nightforce has a "recoil lug"? for lack of a better word that fits down into the port of the 700, takes some of the forces off the base screws IMHO.

As soon as I can find a job I plan on getting a nightforce rail and rings. I too have a sendero and all the reviews I have read about nightforce products, they are the best made. Am thinking about the 20moa rail for mine. If I ever win the lottery and buy my 338 Lapua magnum, I will have a 40moa nightforce rail on it and possibly a nightforce scope.

I agree on the nightforce base, thats what I have on mine. I tried a highly recommended brand on this site, and when I was preparing to skim bed the rail to my receiver I noticed it didn't look quite right. So, I compared a straight edge that I new was absolutely straight to the base and the base was crooked! It was a 20moa base and about 1/3 of the way from the rear of the base there was a noticeable bow in the base. So, I ordered a nightforce base and did the same comparison and it was as straight as my straight edge. So from now on, nothing but nightforce bases on my rifles.

Another +3 for nightforce; I have them on my sendero and two bdl's...

I too use EGW rails & rings on several rifles from .22 LR to .308. I find them to be a good affordable well built product.

Nightforce 20 moa it is.
Thanks for everyone's input. Being a new member on this board, it is really great getting everyone's advice. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ef

XMC-

Regarding the NightForce Base you have on your Sendero....Did you have to make any alterations/modifications your Sendero for the Nightforce base to fit?
I wasnt sure if you had to make any adjustments to your Sendero for the NF base to fit properly?

Just wanted to double-check.

Thanks so much!

EF

Thanks I really like this shooter... the scope on the sendero is a Leupold custom build VX-7L 4.5-18x56mm LR, the34mm Leupold PRW rings came with the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.