Recommendation for a roughly 8lbs scoped factory rifle

Well, unfortunately it looks like my first custom may or may not be ready in time for me to do load development and take it on my wifes elk hunt.

because of this I just want to pick up a backup rifle because she is definitely not going to want to carry my 13lb .300 win mag I have been hunting with.

I'm looking for something that comes with a pre threaded barrel (ya I can thread it but it's not worth my time to remove the barrel and thread it.) I want something around the 8 lbs scoped range. Wanting it chambered in a .300 win mag. Maybe .300 PRC just for something new to play with? Im
Unsure of the availability of .300 PRC factory ammo and dies though.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Check out Seekins Havoc

Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed in 300 WSM is 6lbs 8 oz. In 300 WM or 300 PRC comes in at 6lbs 13 oz. All three have a factory brake.
You should be able to keep it close to 8lbs, give or take, scoped.

How is the trigger on those?

The Model 70 and Kimber triggers right out of the box are some of the nicest factory triggers I've ever dealt with...and I see a lot of rifles each year.
I weighed my Montana in 300WM over the weekend, it came in at just under 8lbs with Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 on top in Kimber bases/rings. So my estimation was a little off.

Cheers.

How is the trigger on those?
I have had four X-bolts and still have two that will be in my arsenal until I pass. None had bad triggers. All could be adjusted to down around 3-3.5 lbs. No creep hardly any over travel, breaks crisp. Somebody that likes 1.5 lb triggers got on the internet talking about crappy triggers on them IMO, and some internet sheep followed. I find the trigger above average and very useable. I have installed Mcarbo spring kits in mine and have them at about 2.5 lbs, but it really wasn't needed.
Thirteen bucks is a cheap mod. Both mine are 1/2" shooters.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.