Recommendation for a 2” Hitch Cargo Carrier

C.O. Shooter

Had to let the truck go and get an SUV. I am looking for options as far as a cargo carrier that goes in your hitch. Preferably 60"x24". 2018 Nissan Armada. I've looked at Draw Tight brand. What are you guys using? I've seen some you bolt together and others that are welded.

Thanks

I bought one from Harbor Freight...a black steel carrier....works fine..
Depending upon what you plan to haul...i might go with a good looking aluminum style....basically carefree...no paints to worry about wearing/ rubbing off...
And being it will be stored more often than used...less worries about being left outside and rusting in the weathers....

The one I have from Cabellas is aluminum. While I don't think it will carry 600lbs it worked fine for me with 2 whitetails. I liked it because it folds up out of the way when not in use. It did need a bungee to stop it from rattling when up.
The one I have is steel tube

Looks great. Thanks.

Looking at hauling gear and hopefully deer.

You can't buy one that is sturdier than this one:

http://www.rolaproducts.com/product...-hitch-mount/uHvTF2JB0IMsVeSPeizRYfJ2j2F5iRgd

Use it with a anti-rattle device like this:
http://campersmarket.com/stowaway-hitch-tightener-anti-rattle-stabilizer-for-2-inch-and-125/

and you'll have the best combination out there.
600 pound capacity (more than others), and I've taken mine on elk and antelope and deer hunts through some rough country. It will go with me again to WY this fall for antelope.

Maybe think about one that will fit to the back of your Atv/utv....
Think long term usage and get more mileage from it....

IIRC - my rack is 24"x 60". I have a giant waterproof bag that fits in it. I used the bag once when moving my kid onto to campus. Now the only thing I put on the rack is a 150qt cooler. If I get another rack it will be smaller one that just fits the cooler.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.