Recommend me a thermal scope

specter29

Just started looking at thermal scopes for coyote hunting can anyone recommend a good brand or model under $3,500. I'm overwhelmed with all the different brands and models out there. I am kinda leaning toward Pulsar or ATN but need recommendations on what to look at.

Armasight is your best bet in that price range. This might be snobby but I think of ATN products as toys. At least armasight makes military grade equipment. Even if in the price point it will be outdated tech but that's why the price point is good. There's plenty of YouTube and google reviews. Good luck.

I have an Armasight Zeus 640 and an ATN Thor 640. Most of my buddies have Pulsars. I'd definitely stay away from ATN, The Pulsar trails are nice for the money.

If you're only buying one, I'd get the trail xp50. If you want a thermal scope and handheld monocular, I'd get the helion xp50 monocular and pair it with a trail xp38 scope.

I have the Pulsar XP 38 and I love it. No frills , good battery life with the external battery. I can "see" a heat source at over 1000 yds, identify at about 600 and stalk from there.
And as a counterpoint as an owner and shooter of several ATN products, I have absolutely nothing good to say about them.

Been in the same boat and pulsar is always top of the list. I can't mount the unit to the rifle here for hunting and need to see signatures 1500 plus for wolf. So it seems the helion xp50 is the most recommended unless I do the accolade. Ouch $$$$

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.