Recommend me a spotting scope tripod

Dave in WI

I need to replace my spotting scope tripod. It is used right outside my shop back door, so weight is not a consideration. Mostly used for spotting on my range while standing behind shooter. Of course I don't want to break the bank, but looking for something stable.
Thanks in advance!

I cannot speak well enough about my manfrotto. Make sure you get a fluid head. Being that weight is not an issue you can look at their aluminum tripods as they are about half the price of the carbon fiber ones, and not skimp on the head. Get a fluid head!

Dave, if you have access, look at tripods in person at a Sportsmans, Cabelas, BassPro or any local shop that carries them. Look for stability foremost and the head movement. I went through a few ordered online till I found one with a combination of strength/stability and in my case weight. Most were described as rock solid online, but in hand the glowing description wasn't upheld. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.