Recommend an outfitter

encoreguy

I am looking to take my son on our first western hunt from Indiana. I am looking for a good antelope outfitter. I am an experienced pistol hunter looking to hunt with mt 7-08 Encore. This is my last chance to hunt with my son before he goes to college so I would like it to be a good experience. Good hunting, good trophy potential, interesting country and good people at a reasonable price. Did I mention my son was going to college? More bills to pay. Thanks for your recommendations!

You won't need to pay an outfitter for what you want. Call the Wyoming F&G Office out in Gillette and ask for the list of ranchers in antelope unit 23 that allow hunting for a fee. Then start calling them and set something up for an access fee, but make sure you find out that they have enough acreage to suit you. You should do that ASAP and lock something up. The license applications are done online on the F&G website and the last day to do that is 3/15. However, there is a ton of leftover licenses every year for that unit because it's almost all private land. Therefore, you can actually wait to buy your license and Conservation Stamp that's required when the leftover licenses go on sale in July. You will save thousands of dollars and have just as good a hunt than going with an outfitter. Most ranches will either let you camp there or you can motel it in Gillette, but if you do the latter you will want to set that in stone ASAP too.

I have really enjoyed hunting with one of the LRH sponsors
Tyler Sims Outfitters

I will second the Tyler Simms recommendation. I took my son there for his first western big game hunt in 2010. They paid special attention to him, treated him very well, he learned a lot. We had a great hunt and a lot of fun with good people.

Dirty Steve
(from Indiana as well)

Dirty Steve
If you're looking for a non expensive hunt and would still like to take a 15" plus antelope contact Sky Mountain Outfitters in Wyoming.

Home

Scratch

Scrath---Are you the owner or with that outfit you just recommended in that link on your first post on this website? If you are, I think you may want to read the rules of the website on advertising!

Not looking for an antelope hunt. I was providing input to the OP on an outfitter that I had hunted with and was extremely pleased with. When I take my younger son out for his first western big game hunt, I will definitely be hunting with Tyler again.

Dirty Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.