Recommend a powder scale?

They are on clearance there for $49.95 IIRC along with some other items. The head honcho is an F Class shooter which is why they even carry the stuff. I loaded up on bore mops awhile back.
Yeah I use to deal with bullets.com when it was still in business. I bought my Bald Eagle scale about 3-4 years ago and it was like $120 then. Best scale I've ever used. My next move will eventually be an A&D with auto throw and auto trickler, but this scale with my Redding 3BR powder measure works great for me.

Yeah I use to deal with bullets.com when it was still in business. I bought my Bald Eagle scale about 3-4 years ago and it was like $120 then. Best scale I've ever used. My next move will eventually be an A&D with auto throw and auto trickler, but this scale with my Redding 3BR powder measure works great for me.

What works for YOU is all that matters.

I was curious to see if anyone was using the RCBS match charge master. The one that is accurate to .04 of a grain.
I have one, it's a fine scale throws consistent charges. When I first started using it I checked every 5 charges and it was never off. I don't check it anymore. I load from 97 grains to 11 grains, ball powder and cylinder no difference.

If you want the VERY BEST, get a Promethieus scale. Dead nuts accurate to within 1 granule of powder. Expensive, yes, but the last one you will ever buy in your lifetime, and likely your kids lifetime too. When you settle down to shoot, there are many variables and things to worry about. With a Promethieus, an exact powder charge is not one of them. For me, the time it saves me in reloading, is spent in my business, paying for it easily in a couple years, not to mention my peace of mind. Call Brand @ Promethieus (425-239-9100), for down home, personal service.

Just tried the "Cambridge" code and it did not work for me.
I just ordered one two days ago, and the website still says it is valid at this link:

Another "auto trickler" for the FX120 for those who like a project. I already had a Dandy so I used that.

Like some of you I also have the Dillon, bought in 1999. The one that goes up to 1200 grains IIRC. Maybe 12-15 years ago Dillon discontinued that model. I read on Brian Enos' forums they had some problems with it, and went with a new model (900 grains I think) that's available with a case. I've always kept mine in a plastic bag, then store it under the 550B strong mounts and under a machine cover. The garage gets cold, but so far it's still working. I was just going to get their new model when this eventually fails.

Ballistics Products sells a little $30 electronic scale which has been remarkably accurate for me as a backup, second scale at another bench. I find it as consistent as the Dillon, if not more so. It's shirt pocket size.

I also have a Dillon balance beam scale that is reportedly made by Ohaus. I accidentally knocked it off the bench and it landed on the offset plastic level adjusting wheel which broke. The scale beam also flew out of the housing. I fixed the rear wheel and put it back together and it seems to be working fine and consistently, so they are well built. I've noticed (obvious I guess) that even a fraction of difference in height at the heel affects its repeatability, so I set it with check weights then don't move it.

For a trickler I use the heavy Redding, but added a 1/2" piece of same diameter steel to the bottom to raise the height as I found the stock height too short, and didn't want to use a block of wood. It also adds another 6-8 Oz to the already heavy weight of the trickler which is nice. The steel is attached with JB Weld, painted Rustoleum black, with a piece of felt on the bottom.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• 9E79AD43-32D3-4DF5-9899-39287D65A3EB.jpeg
    9E79AD43-32D3-4DF5-9899-39287D65A3EB.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I used the hornady auto charge when I first started. it was so sensitive and wandered. I used the pan as a calibration weight of sorts and found it wandered enough that I got rid of it. (checked that the scale thought the pan would weigh the same after normal calibration) I got myself a Gempro 250. And that changed everything. it was so accurate and precise. I checked the charges thrown by the hornady unit and it confirmed the decision to stop using it. But then the Gempro started getting weird. I got another on warranty. and the replacement did ok but got weird too. so I got rid of it. now I use a $40 amazon scale that measures just as precise. .02 gn. or .001g. it runs on batteries so i dont have to worry about power flux. And it's been a real treat! I did buy a metal pan for it because the plastic one was a pain with its shallow dish. My low ES and SD prove this to be a winner.

For the last few years, 6 year, I have tried and tested out many.. Denver Instruments is the finest, best and most accurate/stable scale out there.(denver Instruments wants $1,500.00 for this one) The next best is the Ohaus made RCBS Charge Master 1500. $200.00 approximately. I have been using the RCBS for several years without any problems.. calibration maybe once a month or less depending on how much I reload.