Recommend a hiking boot with the following....

probably not moab's then... I wear them daily for work and have for years... they take a beating for a regular hiker, and can be had for well under 100 if you look around
I actually owned a pair of Moab's……that's the thing about shoes…..super personal. My Moab's I will say did not fall apart and were at least well constructed, if not the best for my flat *** feet. The most recent pair I own is I believe the MQM's and after 10 minutes of standing my feet hurt.

I think the Zappos effect really screws things up for most of us nowadays….I've ordered and returned more shoes in my life through Zappos then I have ever kept and wore out in 38 years.

I actually owned a pair of Moab's……that's the thing about shoes…..super personal. My Moab's I will say did not fall apart and were at least well constructed, if not the best for my flat *** feet. The most recent pair I own is I believe the MQM's and after 10 minutes of standing my feet hurt.

I think the Zappos effect really screws things up for most of us nowadays….I've ordered and returned more shoes in my life through Zappos then I have ever kept and wore out in 38 years.
Never have used Zappos... I have worn the soles flat on better than 10 pair of Merrel Moab2 and both of my Son's regularly run them too... All size 11 or 11.5 ... We all have decent arches so that's probably the biggest difference from your experience.

Never have used Zappos... I have worn the soles flat on better than 10 pair of Merrel Moab2 and both of my Son's regularly run them too... All size 11 or 11.5 ... We all have decent arches so that's probably the biggest difference from your experience.
The MQM's also started immediately falling apart which was disappointing, the stitching just disintegrated which was odd….maybe I got a lemon 🤷‍♂️

never have run much other than the Moab from them... didn't fit my feet right...
Probably the most infuriating thing about shoes right? We have "sizes", what's the point of there is no standard measure for the sizes? Can you imagine if 4 inches could be measured as "anywhere from 4 to 6 inches give or take"…..makes no sense!

Just got back from WY hunt. Walked 6 to 10 miles every day up and down hills with a full pack. Took several ankle rolls where I would have sprained or dislocated something, but felt the ankle support save me. Light, waterproof, and comfortable.... one of the few correct decisions I've made in my life.

Just got back from WY hunt. Walked 6 to 10 miles every day up and down hills with a full pack. Took several ankle rolls where I would have sprained or dislocated something, but felt the ankle support save me. Light, waterproof, and comfortable.... one of the few correct decisions I've made in my life.
Was that with the Crispi Lapponia II GTX?

Meindl works for me. Over the years I've used Timberland hunting boots (back when they were USA made), Danner, Lowa, Kenetrek, and a couple others. It just seems the Meindl works best for my feet. Love the fit, has lots of room in toe box, the perfect stiffness for me, and seem to last a real long time. I seriously doubt I'll look elsewhere for boots. I've actually thought about picking up a couple pair of their Comfort Fit hikers incase they decided to change or discontinue them.

Meindl works for me. Over the years I've used Timberland hunting boots (back when they were USA made), Danner, Lowa, Kenetrek, and a couple others. It just seems the Meindl works best for my feet. Love the fit, has lots of room in toe box, the perfect stiffness for me, and seem to last a real long time. I seriously doubt I'll look elsewhere for boots. I've actually thought about picking up a couple pair of their Comfort Fit hikers incase they decided to change or discontinue them.
Meindl has a new all leather hiker, the Bergel MFS on their USA site. Looks good, priced right.

I just bought a pair of Crispi Wild Rock GTX. Wore them for the first time yesterday on a 5 miler to start break in before CO season 4. They already feel great!

Hanwag Tatra II's are a great boot. Easy to break in and very comfortable in rough terrain.