Recommend a hiking boot with the following....

I have size 14 and my feet has growen from 12 in 1997 to 14 in 2016-18. Had to give a lot of new boots awayespecially in the 13 size,
I now sport a 14 so hopefully they won't grow anymore because spent a $1k +in new size 14.
Big fan of Danner. They fit me better.I canput them on and never have to worry about breakin or blisters. Kind of like rifles, some rifles just like one type of bullet. Darn I several pairs of Guied boots anfdmucks still in the box. along all my millarty Danner boots.

I have Schnee's Timberlines and Crispi Lapponias. Both fit the bill for being more flexible and lightener weight. Would say the Lapponia feels as comfortable as my tennis shoes in the way it flexes with my foot where the timberline is a more substantial boot. Both have a generous toe box but the Lapponia has more volume.

End of the day you're just going to have to see what fits your foot best. You may get lucky and first pair may fit great or you may have to try several different boots before you find the one. The Lapponias are my fourth pair of "high end" western hunting boots in the last couple years and also the least expensive. I think they may be "the one" for me. I need to get better insoles as well for both boots to make it apples to apples.

At the end of the day though, until I get a heavy pack on my back on rough ground I won't know.

UPDATE: Took some searching to find some in stock, but ordered Crispi Lapponia II GTX. So far wearing them in the house... wow!

Very light, great ankle support, and seem almost already broken in. Definitely better for walking, glassing, stalking on high dessert rolling hills than my Insulated Rockies that weigh 2.2 lbs a piece and have NO flex in the sole.

I'll try to remember to update this after my hunt.

Took them on a hike with a new Mystery Ranch Pintler with about 30 lbs in it. 6 miles on the Freeman Loop of Blood Mountain in GA. 1500 ft vertical, and in the pouring rain. They wore like broken in sneakers. Slippery rocks, mud, and water crossings... didn't matter.

These Crispi's have exceeded my expectations.

Love my Zamberlan Vioz but may be a bit stiff for your application. Great all around boot though.

I've bought 3 pairs of Merrell's, all 3 were terrible. Maybe someday I'll learn….

I had 2 pairs of merrell chameleons. Neither pair lasted a year. Oddly enough they weren't that light either despite all the mesh on top.
The sole separated from both shoes and in the front and rear. It brought me back to Rockies, which lead me to just wearing old salomons XAs, which lead to trail runners.

Attachments

• 0B410A3E-1C2B-4D2A-9CC4-92257380170D.jpeg
    0B410A3E-1C2B-4D2A-9CC4-92257380170D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 1605858A-B2B1-44F9-B0CE-61EDAB7B8447.jpeg
    1605858A-B2B1-44F9-B0CE-61EDAB7B8447.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 020B20D7-C316-4CA1-B30D-72E24D271652.jpeg
    020B20D7-C316-4CA1-B30D-72E24D271652.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 10
I had 2 pairs of merrell chameleons. Neither pair lasted a year. Oddly enough they weren't that light either despite all the mesh on top.
The sole separated from both shoes and in the front and rear. It brought me back to Rockies, which lead me to just wearing old salomons XAs, which lead to trail runners.
I am very intrigued by the Salomon's and also some of the Hoka shoes look interesting as well. I have a pair of LL Bean Snow Sneakers and Maine Guide boots I like to wear but besides last near I have never had to hunt in 50 degree weather…..in 2018 I was sitting outside in -2 degree weather with a windchill of -15…..trail runners would have been about as poor a choice as the thin wool fingerless mittens I chose to wear….

I am very intrigued by the Salomon's and also some of the Hoka shoes look interesting as well. I have a pair of LL Bean Snow Sneakers and Maine Guide boots I like to wear but besides last near I have never had to hunt in 50 degree weather…..in 2018 I was sitting outside in -2 degree weather with a windchill of -15…..trail runners would have been about as poor a choice as the thin wool fingerless mittens I chose to wear….
I'm good to about 20 degrees in trail runners. After that, or in snow I have to go back to salomon quest, or salomon toundra's.
Edit: if toundras come out with spikes, then I'm mountaineering more so then hunting.

The majority of my season are from August to December sometimes, unless I get late season elk.